Thread: My m2v problem, please help...

Default My m2v problem, please help...

This is what the problem is.

For whatever reason that windows media player can't play m2v files and PowerDVD can, is the same reason i believe that the m2v files are not opening properly in Vegas 6.0c for me.

The strange thing is that some of the m2v files do open correctly in vegas & wmp, and some don't.

What would cause some files to work, and some files not to work? they were all extracted & converted the same way.

Any suggestions? is it a codec problem?

I have no idea about codecs but you could try question 10 FAQ and see if that helps. Here.

Thanks, i'm going to give it a try.

The problem is that the computer just doesn't seem to see the whole mpeg2 file, i checked properties, and Vegas thinks it's a 6 second movie clip, when it's really about 3 minutes.

And the thing that is so frustrating is that some of them work, and some don't, but on another computer, they all work, unfortunatley it's the machine at home that i need to get working that it's not working on.

Any ideas on why some mpeg-2 files are not being read correctly on 1 machine?

Bristol uk
    Blog Entries

Hmmm, m2v is a funny one. Sometimes they work for me, sometimes not. I think the prob is is that it is some weird mutant open source format. Lots of players dont like it either.

See if virtuadub will transcode it.

your problem is you dont have a m2v codec installed. You can get a free one just google it. Once you do that it should work fine. 3D Animated Menu\'s Transitions, Backgrounds or just about anything 3d all Animated.