Thread: cell shading effect

Default cell shading effect

Hiya, First time poster here.

Im looking to make a short film, and im considerring buying adobe premiere. I was wondering if its possible in the aforementioned program to create your own shader style effects. Im sure some of you have seen the game XIII or legend of zelda wind waker, is it possible to add a cel shading effect to the film and then tweak it to my desired affect?

I have little doubt that you can do what you want in Premiere. However, I have no idea what a 'shader style' effect might be. Could you descibe it it better. Maybe I know it by another name.

a shader is like bump mapping, its an effect taht games use.

Like in a game you could have all colourd textures, but then if you apply a black and white shader the whole game would come out black and white. its a post process effect kinda. but you could also do it with cell shading, or outlines, or water colour effect or anything raelly.

So you want the images to come up in B/w?

a cell shader reponds to light Much like anything else but instead of shading a image or object by varying the brightness per pixel it Usually breaks the light into zones and colors. So for example if you where to take a picture of your face and put a light on it, it would break your face appart into 2 to 5 color tones but in reference to the light, Almost like Posterizing an image but only based the the light intensity, dirrection and a color range.
    freeformvideo.com: 3D Animated Menu\'s Transitions, Backgrounds or just about anything 3d all Animated.

oh yea btw your outa luck if you want to do this realisticly without using a 3d animation program to assist you, The best you can do is make a Color ramp or some kind of posterizing effect at the very least simulate it, but it wont compair
    freeformvideo.com: 3D Animated Menu\'s Transitions, Backgrounds or just about anything 3d all Animated.