Thread: What software lets me manipulate every frame?

Default What software lets me manipulate every frame?

What software lets me manipulate every single frame of a video file ? (with brushes and other Photoshop like tools)
    I want to erase some text in the video I put in earlier, but the original video is lost.

If your intention is to perform a 'Photoshop Clone' to cover the text with video footage from elsewhere in the frame then you'll either need (and I know I'll get the terminology wrong!) to export the relevant parts of the clip out and perform the edit in Photoshop as a rotoscoping exercise.

Or, I do seem to remember reading in a magazine that Adobe After Effects has a 'photoshop like' clone tool. No doubt there is a trial version that will let you do the job before it 'runs out'. Although I understand there is a very hefty learning curve for this tool.

Dunno what else might do it :(

Default Is there any simplier way ?

I tried Adobe After Effects, but Whoa ! , thats a little bit much !

Is there any simplier way to remove titles out of a video file?

Just trying to think of an idea here. In truth, i haven't done much more (yet!) than take analogue video and convert to DVD so not an expert in Premiere or anything at editing (yet!) but I'm thinking along the lines of....

... basically you need to replace the titles with some other footage. Could you convert the titles to an alpha channel and then place the footage over the top of itself, with a position change, to cover the titles? This would (sort of) mimic Photoshop's clone tool, especiually if you could 'feather'the edge. Would likely work if the titles were on sky or a textured part of the clip like grass. Replacing one area of grass with another and they look the same right?

Other than that all I can think of is to simply mask the problem and do some sort of video within video thing (Ocean's Eleven??) and just dump something over the top of the problem area, hiding it.

Is changing the titles an option? i.e. replace one set of titles with another? or maybe zoom the area of footage without the title showing to fill the screen?

Dunno if these ideas are helpful in any way.

Blog Entries

Some pretty creative ideas there

Cheers mate. The fiver's in the post ok?

you can go here www.download.com and get jasc animation shop whic hhas all that kinda stuff. you can also use macromedia Flash. just go import, then choose your video type.