Thread: Encore DVD Problems

Default Encore DVD Problems

Hello,

I just purchased Adobe Encore DVD. Iíve been able to create a project and build it to a folder or an image (havenít tried to burn it to disk yet). I found there was an update from Adobe. I installed the update and now I canít build a project. It tells me there is as error (no code) and that I have one chance to save my project. Iím going to uninstall everything and just run Encore without the upgrade. However, Iím wondering if anyone else has seen this?

James

From the playing with this s/w that I've done (5 DVD with fairly simple menu systems) I've found that the system is a typical version ONE. I have encountered the 'You have one chance to save your project' error on occasion. I haven't sweated it though because, as a software developer myself, i live by the 'save first and save often' rule in pretty much all i do on a PC so I've never really been in danger of losing anything in Encore.

Another bug, and for me more serious (because it did cost me work!!!!) is the fact that the disk preview option often messes up and loses youre menu highlights. It sometimes puts things all over the place and not where you've specified them.

I once spent an evening trying to work around this, moving stuff about etc, and messing jup my project. Of course, I later found out that all I had to do was exit Encore and stgart it up again and my original menu efforts were quite fine!!!!

Realistically, as much as I like the tool and inteface, it IS buggy and I suspect that version 2 will be the winner! Having said that though, I haven't found anythign that a 'restart' doesn't solve - as long as you've saved your work!

Alan

Thanks Alan,

Did you use version 1.0 or the update version 1.0.1? I have had absolutely no luck with the update. Iím going to mess around with version 1.0 some more. Iím thinking I will use Encore to make my DV and then burn it with another Piece of software.

Thanks again for your reply,

James

Yep. Only used v1. No update.

I do not burn with Encore either. I build a DVD image to my hard drive and use Nero6 to do the actual burning. Not a single problem with this aspect of the authoring process so far.

Of course, the thing i like most about the tool is that fact that the menus themselves are nothing more than Photoshop images, with all the highlights and buttons nothing more than layers (with the right naming conventions) in the PSD file.

Alan

Hi again,

This last weekend I was able to build a project in Encore, save as an image, and then burn using Roxio EasyCD Creator. I turned out great, I was really happy with it. The only thing I had to tweak was the extension on the image file. I had to change the .img to .iso for CD Creator to recognize it. Do you have to do something similar in Nero?

James

er ok, i guess i used the wrong words. When i said i build a disk image I haven't been building a .iso file. I've been building a directory structure on my hard drive which i then use to build my video DVD in Nero. So on my hard drive i get a VIDEOTS directory with loads in it and an AUDIOTS directory that is empty.

Same difference i guess.