Thread: How Do you time lapse with a video camera????

Default How Do you time lapse with a video camera????

Hello and i was really hopeing some one can help me here. i have a elura 65 Canon and i was wondering how i can time lapse with it. i cant find out how to time lapse with it i mean i know i could just video tape something then edited but i want to really time lapse and i dont think mine has the option to, not that i can see any way, if any one knows different please say. But is there another way to do it? i hope some one knows.if you dont get something i said please say and ill to to exxplain more. thank you in advance
    geeks for life!

Easyist way is to film for about 90mins and speed up by 2500 speed. Affraid you will get only about 9 secconds of video for that. Otherway is to get a digital camera to take photos evry 25 secconds.

I had an analogue JVC camcorder a few years ago and buried in the menus was the ability to set an 'interval record' time. You couldn't do single frames, I think the smallest time was 12 frames or half a second. It looked amazing at the time to see little toy figures come to life or see clouds racing across the sky. Now that we have editing on our computers I have transferred these analogue recordings onto the hard disk and shortened the twelve frames down to one or two. This time lapse or interval record doesn't seem to available on digital video cameras, well at this level anyway.