Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Adding a counter graphic to video ?

Default Adding a counter graphic to video ?

Guys,

I'm new to all this, and am only just getting into ripping dvd's to editable files. The project I'm working on at the moment is my own wedding video !

What I would like to do is this - the bestman has a habit of saying "erm" lots and lots. He said it 113 times during his speech. Would it be possible to add some sort of counter/graphic at the bottom of the screen that I could ping/beep and increment everytime he says "erm" ???

Not a clue where to start with this or if its even possible ?

Thanks in advance,
    Bob
    \"I dislike 7am. If 7am were a person, I would punch 7am in the biscuits.\" - Paul Ryan - dailyramblings.com

Sure you can do this. Think of it as adding a title or credit sequence, no different at all. instead of the word "My Wedding" your caption will simply say "1" etc

Just create some stills with the number on and alpha channel and drop them on top of your video clip with approrpiate sound effect.

Exactly how you do it will depend on your video editing application of choice.

Thanks for the response Alan,

I have not yet purchased any editing software, I'm just messing about with the build in XP movie maker. What software would you recommend for a new comer ? I can see this becoming a hobby pretty quickly, as I have lots and lots of home videos to rip from the camera and edit.

Thanks again,
    Bob
    \"I dislike 7am. If 7am were a person, I would punch 7am in the biscuits.\" - Paul Ryan - dailyramblings.com

OK, using Windows XP Movie maker it would seem it is possible to do this using the predefined titles. I have a problem though....

- Can I shorten the animation time on the predefined title styles ? If my Best Man says "erm" in quick succsession, I have 2 titles overlayed, rather than the first one disappearing. They are 3.25sec in length can I can't reduce anymore ?

Anybody know of a way to get round this in this software, or should I just invest and buy something else ?

Thanks
    Bob

Bob - windows movie maker is good for an introduction to video editing, but if you want something with a bit more power, you probably need to step up. Personally, I use Adobe Premiere Elements, which is pretty cheap and it's got loads and loads of features and tutorials in it, and a reasonably informative manual.

You can change the length of the title in the timeline, just drag the end to however long you want it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Thorpe
    Bob - windows movie maker is good for an introduction to video editing, but if you want something with a bit more power, you probably need to step up. Personally, I use Adobe Premiere Elements, which is pretty cheap and it's got loads and loads of features and tutorials in it, and a reasonably informative manual.
    Seccond. If you think your into it buy adobe elements. If your not sure look at Marcs reviews.

Blog Entries

Nahhh, vegas !

haha! very nice
    you know I can suggest you a tool for that, you can put there any callouts or something like this for paying attention on it, but not on "eeeeeerm" =) and it will be funny to watch +) its called presentavid, there is a free try but if you liked it i`m sure you will use it not only once for your wedding video but for everything that you like +)
    press your mouse here for PresentaVid
    good luck to you +)
    congratulate for wedding =)
    hehe

You can buy elements for £60. Thats £58. Looks liek a good bit of kit for beginers though.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast