Thread: Expertise in what software would make me more employable?

Default Expertise in what software would make me more employable?

Not so sure the cuestion in the subject field is formulated correctly english isn't my first language.
    but here it goes again:
    AVID XPRESS PRO? FINAL CUT PRO? ADOBE PREMIERE? :

I want a video editing job. FILM, SHORTS OR DOCUMENTARIES, CORPORATE, WEDDINGS, BROADCAST basicaly anything or better: anything that would increase my knowledge and provide a living (+ my own equipment expansion)

i am in intermediate level editing with premiere. i do my own shorts and home movies (+my friends' ones) i love editing.

OK :!: WHAT PROGRAM SHOULD I GIVE PRIORITY TO LEARN :
    what is it most studios use?

i am in the middle of the first year of film school and is time to get a proper computer, therefore ineed to know the system requirements for the software i will dadicate my time to.

THEN BE ABLE TO COMPETE WITH ALL OF YOU GUYS :twisted:
    ENGENDRO

Avid is the industry standard in all professional applications. FCP is considered second best (and it's only available for Mac), while Premiere remains at prosumer level.
    Since you're already experienced to Premiere, I'd advise you to stick to it and learn everything you can about it.

Yeah, in college here in the states, they teach avid nitrous (which is what we use when editing our 35 mm films!! i love the quality)
    Mac G5 workstation with 4 gigs of ram, 4x250 gig drives in raid 5. High availability cluster server running centos for a server. 2xCanon GL2 cameras.

TuscSports.com

I think that is sensible advice and I agree witht he order of priority suggested in the s/w packages too. The industry uses AVID e.g. it's what Peter Jackson used on King Kong.

However, at this stage in your career I would advise on sticking with the s/w you know and spend time learning the techniques of the job. Adjusting those techniques to a differetn s/w package is the easy bit. learning how to do the job and being skilled at it is the hard part.

Just my 2p.