Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How to lighten vido clips

Default How to lighten vido clips

I took pictures at my grandsons candlelight wedding and a few video clips. The video clips are too dark to see, is there someone who can help me learn how to lighten these clips. thanks, betlou

What software do you edit your video in?

I suspect most NLEs have colour correction filters that you can use to adjust brightness and contrast and the likes.

You may not be able to get perfect results but you should be able to get better.

The good news is that it's much easier to extract details from an underexposed image (i.e. it's too dark) than it is from an overexposed image (i.e. too bright).

let us know what s/w you use. I'm sure someone will know wher the filter is.

Default video editing

I have Pinnacle 9, Adobe CS2 and Image Ready. I have downloaded a trial copy of "Blaze Media Pro" but it tells me I have a debugger running.
    The others just won't except my file format so I am trying to find out how to convert or find a software that will work with what I have. As you can tell I am not familiar with all this am just really stabbing i the dark. thanks for any help you can give me. Betlou

Well, for video, I can't believe Pinnacle 9 doesn't have some sort of contrast and brightness control. I don't know that s/w so can;t help but I'm sure there are plenty here who do.

In Photoshop CS2, brightness and contrast are well documented in the main menu.

Default video conversions

I need to convert my video clips out of mov and probably to AVI. Can't get them into Photoshop or Pinnacle because of the format. I have tried one conversion program but haven't had much luck getting them converted. thanks

Sorry no experance of converters.

Default Re: video conversions

Quote Originally Posted by betlou
    I need to convert my video clips out of mov and probably to AVI. Can't get them into Photoshop
    Just to clarify here.

You are stating that you are having trouble opening a video clip in a photo (stills) editor. Is this what you mean?

there is a mechanism of savign each frame of video as a seperate graphics file and them opening them one by one in Photoshop. Is this what you are talking about? Or maybe export the video clip as a .flm file (basically a single photos with all movie frames in). You can open these in Photopshop, but they are very big.

Default lighten video clips

Thanks so much for all your efforts to help me. To be honest I am such a novice I'm not sure what I am trying to do. I just was wondering if there was a way to lighten dark video clips because when inserted in my dvd they don't show up, they are not quite as dark on my computer as when viewing the slideshow on tv. This may just a project that is too much for me to handle, but was just inquiring to see if it could be done by a novice like myself. Thanks, Bettie

No problem. I understand.

in your video editing s/w look for video effects. you will likely find brightness and contrast (you generally want them both at the same time) either under a really obvious name (just like in Photoshop) or under a name somethign like 'Colour Correction' or 'Colour balance'. try placing these effects on you rvideo clip and looking at the properties. I'm sure you will find one with brightness controls.

Default lighten video clips

Actually I can find the lighten tab in my s/w have used it on still photos but my problem is when I try to put one of the video clips in photoshop it says "cannot complete request because it is not the right kind of document" so I have been trying to change the mov format to avi or mpeg but haven't had much success. I downloaded a trial version of "Blaze Media" but everytime I try to use it a window pops up and says I am running a debugger to close it and try again. I'm not sure what debugger I am running so haven't had any luck there either. Then I downloaded a trial version of a converter (which expired after 5 minutes) but each version I tried to convert to still didn't work, just going in circles. thanks, betlou

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast