Thread: Can no longer render work area-"Serious error has occur

Default Can no longer render work area-"Serious error has occur

I've been working a movie for the past 2 weeks, and everything was working fine. Now today I can no longer render my work area...I upgraded my RAM yesterday(from 1 gig to 2 gig), could that be the issue? or is it something else? When I try to render I'm given the error message:
    "Sorry, A serious error has occurred that requires Adobe Premiere Pro to shut down"
    I wish the error message gave me a little more information, as it is, it's kind of vague. Other times Premiere just stops responding..
    Is there something I need to do with my Ram that i didn't? Or could this be a software conflict? I have recently installed a few new codecs and the Matroska player ...I also have Nero installed just in case that matters... oh yeah and I just updated my iTunes...just figured I'd mention whatever I could..

Any help would be greatly appreciated...

You never said what program you had so I am going to assume you have Premeiere Pro 1.5.

Just goto directly too where ever you saved that file too on your computer and open that folder for that movie your working on. Then you should see another folder inside that says: "Adobe Premiere Pro Auto-Save" that is where the Auto Saves are saved. Just open one of them till you find where you last left at and your ready to go.

I have had this error happen to me before too and it is a good thing it saves it automatically for you every so often.

You should have to do a bit of troubleshootng by yourself. Apart from premiere whether your other programs and Windows in general are runnng flawlessly and whether there is any abrupt system shutdown? Whether 2 GB RAM is properly showing in your 'My Computer'? You should uninstall codecs one by one, try premiere and reinstall them. Actually you have to follow Trial And Error method. You may have to uninstall and reinstall premiere(never forget to save the project to a different location beforehand).

Anyway please let us know the result.

im guessing this issue is something much simpler but i could be wrong. mind i ask are you using premier pro version 1 or 1.5 3D Animated Menu\'s Transitions, Backgrounds or just about anything 3d all Animated.

or u could do this: save the movie as a premiere project file, and uninstall premiere, and re-install it, and then open the project file in premiere, see what happens.

Bournemouth, UK

be careful of codec packs, only install the codecs you use don't be tempted to install them all just in case.

Try the auto save method and then go into the project manager and export the project to a new destination, which will move all the clips used in the project to the same folder, and give you a fresh new project file.

It also gives you the option to discard any captured vids you haven't used, helping to streamline things a bit, which always helps with PPro.