Thread: Premier Pro Capture with ATI Rage Theater Video Capture card

Default Premier Pro Capture with ATI Rage Theater Video Capture card

Anyone know how I can get Premier Pro to capture using my ATI X800XT PCI-E card with built in ATI Rage Theater Video Capture?

Aside from this (and I may post this seperately), Anyone have some good advise for me on what type of stand alone video capture card is best? I need something that will capture 720x480 non interlaced, into MPEG-2, or Microsoft DV NTSC format? Normally I use Vegas to edit, but have used Premier Pro as well (I think I prefer Vegas).

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks

ADVC-100
    Its farly inexpensive and is a external firewire device that transcodes RCA singal to DV Great quality and it also keeps the audio and video interleaved perfectly
    freeformvideo.com: 3D Animated Menu\'s Transitions, Backgrounds or just about anything 3d all Animated.

Umm premiere will not do any capturing in analog, so what you should do is buy the thing ^ he said....... we have a bunch of the media Dazzle products at schoool, and they work perfectly
    Mac G5 workstation with 4 gigs of ram, 4x250 gig drives in raid 5. High availability cluster server running centos for a server. 2xCanon GL2 cameras.

TuscSports.com

http://dv411.com/advc110.html

heres a link i goodled of the current one. The advc is discontinued but this one is not.

BTW you can find it much cheaper then that if you look around i got one for 80 bucks off of some dude online a year ago. so if you hunt it shouldnt be a problem
    freeformvideo.com: 3D Animated Menu\'s Transitions, Backgrounds or just about anything 3d all Animated.

or here..... Tiger Direct they have a bunch of cheap equiv's of the canopus!
    Mac G5 workstation with 4 gigs of ram, 4x250 gig drives in raid 5. High availability cluster server running centos for a server. 2xCanon GL2 cameras.

TuscSports.com

if i where you i woulnt go with an equivilent. Some things its just best to spend the extra few bucks

Look at the ADVC300, it is more expensive but also cleans the signal as it converts. I used it for preview output to a monitor in PPro 1.5 and capture of course.

I have captured some old vhs footage taken 8yrs ago on an old SVHS cam with the ADVC300 and a DV Cam, it's 26mb full DV so you can see the real thing instead of a compressed version.

http://www.kidspc.bits-uk.com/videos...re_compare.avi

The unit is macrovision locked, so you won't be able to use it to back up your video film collection without a filter.

Mike W