Thread: Weekend in Dartmoor

Blog Entries

Default Weekend in Dartmoor

No funky editing or fancy effects, just a few memories from my weekend away...

http://www.videoforums.co.uk/files/Dartmoor2.wmv

File Size: 23MB
    Codec: Windows Media Video 9
    Video Size: 720 x 576
    Bitrate: 828 Kbps
    Length: 03:46

You make it look so easy. Very nice Marc as always.

Scooter
    AMD Athlon 3200
    Asus A7N8X Dlux
    ATI Video
    1 Gig Mem
    Windows XP Pro
    2 Seagate ATA 160 Gig HD,1 Maxtor 120 Gig HD
    Sony DRU-510 DVD/CD Burner
    Viewsonic 19\"LCD
    Pinnacle 10 PlusMediaSuite
    PremierPro 1.5 Suite
    Sony HVR-A1U 1080i HDV Camcorder

Blog Entries

Very nice.... Twister? Poker? Booze? What happened next?

Blog Entries

The kids cried, everyone got tired and we all got an early night...

Blog Entries

Nicely done Marc.

Very nice, living is San Diego I haven't seen snow fall in years, and the shot of your family on the balcony with the snowfall was very nice, did you ask them to pose for the camera on that one? Also, do you check light levels when shooting indoors, casual like that, before hand, or is your camera just that good?

anyways, nicely done.
    ~paco

Marc,

i watched your Two of Me video. I'm wondering how did you edited that one. I'm looking for such a clone effect, but don't know how to do it. Can you help me?
    Thanks in advance!

adrian

Blog Entries

Just to show I'm a n00b like everyone else, here are comments about one of my cherished home videos.

It is emotionally difficult to critique other peoples video's because I appreciate the trouble and commitment that goes into making even the most basic productions. I felt an urge to make comment with the best intentions at heart.

I thought that the film had no purpose other than to present an account of a 'Weekend in dartmoor' which I suppose it said on the label! I felt that there was no flow or direction to the film. For example, no cars arriving, kids spilling out and running around. Equally, at the end, there was no departure to the film, not even any credits! In short - there was no story!

I also thought that the 'less is more' policy should have been used. Some shots could have been cut away with another perspective introduced and then back to the original shot again. this would have maintained viewer interest.

There were other minor niggles but the most obvious flaw, and a lesson to all of us I suppose, is that there was no shooting plan or script apparent or, if there was, it wasn't used!!! I think the film was made up of footage that just happened to have been shot and it was a case of "righty ho then - let's see what we ended up with!" This may seem unfair to say but this is what it looks like. It's almost as if the decision to produce the film was made after everyone got home. Oh yes, and about the choice of music..............

On a positive, I agree with the last comment about the family feel - it was a cosy film and the colours were pleasant enough. It is always a pleasure to see families getting on together and kids having a great time!

I apologise in advance to Marc for my blunt remarks about his film but this is the purpose of this part of the forum. Criticism can go both ways and I will probably rave about some of his other work but, as I said, I am not setting myself up as an expert but merely as a viewer!