Thread: DVD copy problems

Default DVD copy problems

Hi all
    I am using Liq. 6 and mastered my timeline to DVD. The 43 min video took close to 2h 30m to burn. Now I want to make 50 odd copies and used NERO to do it. No problem BUT: my master has 4 VOB files and play back on my TV DVD without any problems. The copied version stops for a while at the end of the VOB1 file before it carries on and then stops again at the end of VOB2 file. My clients do not like this!! What am I doing WRONG? I am not using any "chapters"

Default not an issue w/Pinnacle Studio

Opsafari:

It sounds to me like the problem you are having is with Nero, not with Liq. 6.

BTW, this is a Pinnacle Studio forum not a forum for Nero or Liquid 6 (no flame intended). If you are pursuing solutions in Nero, it is probably better to go to a forum specifically for the version of the product you are using.

However, you should be successful if you use DVDDecrypter with your original DVD and then burn the .ISO w/DVDShrink with minimal (if any) loss of quality.

You can probably also specify that you want a specific # of copies in Pinnacle Studio before issuing the create and it will probably take about 20 minutes per DVD (depending on your DVDR drive and probably some other factors) after the rendering is complete.

Thank you for your reply. Liq.6 is an upgrade from my Liquid Edition 5 and the heading of this forum is: PINNACLE STUDIO and EDITION. Therefore my placing of question. Regarding Nero, I thought that there might be editors around that do editing at home and burn copies with the basic software called NERO - therefore my question.
    I am not familiar with burning DVD's as I only very recently bought my equipment to do my own work at home. I've been editing for the past 30 years on equipment ranging from 2inc, 1 inch, BETA, Editbox, Leach and for the past 2 years on PINNACLE EDITION 5 and PINNACLE BLUE (Broadcast Station versions, not sure what they are called in the street) I experience many problems due to 6 Editions and 3 Blues tied to a VORTEX system - MASSIVE HARDDRIVES. I edit live events with a deadline of 5 to 15 minutes before transmission.
    Therefore my very little question regarding DVD burning as I do not use that as a medium but BETA or DV tapes.
    Back to NERO: discovered that after burning my timeline to DVD (took 2hr 30min) I only have to "copy DVD" with NERO which will then ask me how many copies do I need to burn. Done that and I have no problem. Burning with Liq. ED 6 to DVD there is no option of how many copies do you want to burn.

Default Liquid Edition is now Avid Liquid

Opsafari:

I guess I got a little confused about the "Edition" support in this forum whereas Avid changed the name of "Liquid Edition" to "Avid Liquid", I didn't make the connection. So, now I know! Thanks for the clarification.

I don't use Avid Liquid so I can't answer your question about how to set the # of copies before DVD burning, but it should be accessible in Pinnacle Studio 9.4.3 using the SETTINGS button before issuing the create (I can't say for sure as I haven't tried it but it seems the most likely place). I would think maybe Avid Liquid has this type of feature as well, but maybe not.

In any event, glad to hear you sorted it out using Nero.

5. Default DVD copies not working properly

Did you tried different software to make copies of your DVD?...like Record Now Max for example. Also, the master DVD......did your burn that directly from Liquid or did you first rendered the project to MPEG2 and then then used 3rd party software (Workshop, DVD lab pro etc) to create the VOBs?

6. Default Sorry

Didn't get that right at first...you said you mastered the Timeline to DVD so it looks like you used Liquid to master your DVD. So you might want to export your timeline to MPEG2 in a separate folder on your hard drive and then use some other application to create the DVD......and then use Nero to make copies. It helped me in the past. Also...what version of Nero are you using? 7 has some bugs.

Quote Originally Posted by Opsafari
    Burning with Liq. ED 6 to DVD there is no option of how many copies do you want to burn.
    Yes there is. Go to FILE, EXPORT to DVD and click on the third tab marked "Burning". Half way down the dialog box is a box marked "Number of Disks" Enter the number you require. You must, of course, have the "dont burn" box unchecked.

Hope this helps.