Thread: Cassette keeps ejecting!!

Default Cassette keeps ejecting!!

I have a Sharp VL Z1 and the cassette will not stay in and is ejected instantly. The mechanism works perfectly withou tape though. Am getting concerned about cost of repair and wondered if anyone else had this problem?

Well, I'm not at all familiar with this camera so let's try the obvious silly things first.

1) Try turning the tape around. You just might have the thing round the wrong way or upside down; or

2) Is the tape write protected. MiniDV tapes have a little slider switch which makes the tape read-only. If the camera realises it can't write to the tape it just may be spitting the thing back out at you.

Default No Luck!

Thanks for the tips but I have tried 3 tapes and checked the sliders but still no success. I find it strange that the compartment works perfectly opening 7 closing when no cassette is inserted. Any other suggestions?

Blog Entries

Cameras sometimes do this when there is a transport fault. It probably needs a repair. Most camcorders can be fixed for around 120 quid. If it is getting on it may be time for a new one.

Its only 2 years old and really had little use so I think it is probably worth repairing, just annoyed that what wasnt a cheap camera is going to cost this after such a short time. Thanks for all the help though.

Blog Entries

I feel your pain, I had a little panasomic that did the same thing after 2 years, I think cameras start to self destruct after the garuntee runs out. Dam those evil capitalists.

Blog Entries

If it's any consolation, my XM2 is behaving very erratically after 2 years use (okay, so I haven't really treated it with that much respect). Modern consumer devices simply weren't designed to have a long lifecycle.

Blog Entries

Part of the reason i got my vx9000e was I hoped it was more durable. So far the only problem has been my fault, tripping over the f wire cable and busting camera ! But I know they will go in the end.