Thread: big time movies

Default big time movies

im just curious if anyone knows, but in big time movies, how do they get their footage to look so clear? more and more big time movies are being edited in software that is in reach of normal people how come you dont see that quality in home movies? sorry if this sounds dumb...

Default Re: big time movies

Quote Originally Posted by a set of keys
    im just curious if anyone knows, but in big time movies, how do they get their footage to look so clear? more and more big time movies are being edited in software that is in reach of normal people how come you dont see that quality in home movies? sorry if this sounds dumb...
    It may have something to do with the fact that the average home camcorder costs between 200 and 500 and the average "big time" movie camera costs more than your house.

I suspect you get what you pay for.

i thought that would be the case but the movie "Dust to Glory" was partially filmed with an average minidv camera, and it all came out great quality. oh and another thing, if you ever look at deleted scenes, sometimes the footage isnt fully edited, and the quality isnt great. thanks for trying to help though.

Also keep in mind Theres something called up sampling. Its not amazing but does help
    freeformvideo.com: 3D Animated Menu\'s Transitions, Backgrounds or just about anything 3d all Animated.

Quote Originally Posted by a set of keys
    ...the movie "Dust to Glory" was partially filmed with an average minidv camera
    Er, no it wasn't!

it was most def shot in high def, hardly making it an "average minidv camcorder". If I can dig out the actuyal type of camera used I'll post. I have details somewhere.

Arguably a better example would be "28 Days Later" which was shot on Canon XL1s

ok my mistake thanks though.