Thread: Confromed Audio Files gone wild

Default Confromed Audio Files gone wild

I am editing a wedding video. I have three source files which I am using in a number of different bins for different sequences. I have found that Premier has conformed the audio on the raw files then makes a lot of copies of these. I do not know ther rules in uses to make copies but I now have over 65 GB of conformed audio files. I try to delete some of the copies but in makes them again.

It was my understanding that Premire uses the same source video for all the different cuts unless you dupliated the clip. I thought this was also true for the audio.

Anyone know how to do this to reduce the number of duplicate audio files? I am out of disk space.

Dave

My guess is that as far as Premiere is concerned you have used loads of different video clips instead of just three.

By importing the same clip multiple times, into different 'bins', I suspect Premiere does not 'remember' it is the same file at all and has simply conformed the audio for each instance.

I suggest you remove all duplicate imports anmd just have one version of each clip imported. You should then just have one conformed audio for each clip.

Thank you for the response.

I have been copying (referencing, CTRL+drag) a single import of the clips. I made references in multiple bins and did a lot of cuts and all seemed to be well until I start putting the differenct cuts into a sequence. For a sequence I may use part of tape 1 then part of tape 2 back to tape 1 etc. It is when I start putting all of these into the sequence that it appears to create the copies of the conformed audio.

Dave