Thread: PowerDirector 5

Default PowerDirector 5

Has anyone used this program?

I'm still trying to decide which program to go out and buy and I'm wanting to be very careful about it.

I'd originally ordered Pinnacle MedisSuite v10 when I'd read up aboutit and it seemed that it could do it all. After more detailled reading however I read literally hundreds of reports of the program being very 'buggy' so sent it back unopened.

Since then I've tried trial versions of Pure Motions Edit Suite and Sony Vegas and although I like them both (vegas probably edges it) - they aren't too much kop in terms of authoring. I'd prefer a one stop program rather than having to pay the additional sums for authoring software.

From the reviews I've read, PowerDirector looks very good and I can't find as many unhappy customers as I could for Pinnacle.

Has anyone any views on this program?

PowerDirector came bundled with my DVD burner last year, so I tried it and found it very very limiting, the editing side was even worse than Windows Movie Maker.
    What can I say, if you want to capture your digital video, organize it in scenes, add titles and transitions and burn a DVD or VCD, it will do your thing. But editing is out of the question.
    So honestly, I don't recommend it, not even for a beginner.

PowerDirector came bundled with my DVD burner last year, so I tried it and found it very very limiting, the editing side was even worse than Windows Movie Maker.
    What can I say, if you want to capture your digital video, organize it in scenes, add titles and transitions and burn a DVD or VCD, it will do your thing. But editing is out of the question.
    So honestly, I don't recommend it, not even for a beginner.

Any idea what version it was that came bundled with the DVD?

All the screen shots for version 5 suggest a 'vegas-like' timeline etc.

I've ordered a trial version from the UK distributor (as the transfer rates from cyberlinks site are shocking) so I'll find out pretty soon.

Doesn't seem that there are many people on the forum with experience of it though.

Hi, I checked the CD and it was PowerProducer Gold. No version number.