Thread: Help With hi8 cam!

Default Help With hi8 cam!

Hi im new here and need some starter advice

I have a sont dcr-trv140E and ive trying to get it on the computer using a pre-installed video card on the computer and the video/audio lead normally using to put on tv. This is because the video software with the camera is so much rubbish i cant believe it! can anyone give me an indication of how i can get the computer to find the camera?

Or any program i can get to stream it ? will it work from adobe premiere pro ?

Thanks for the help

ps Great site

Blog Entries

Hi, welcome to the forums. You would be best to use the firewire socket on your camera to transfer to PC. It saves an awful lot of time and heartache.
    EDIT - Sony usually refer to it as 'i-link' in case you're not sure which one.

yeah, i tried that. The only thing they supplied was a usb lead and i heard that they stream real slow and the quality is rubbish?

Kansas City, Missouri, USA, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Local Group, Universe 42

If your video card is a firewire card then you'll need a firewire cable and not the ordinary Video/Audio cables a TV uses.

If your video card is not a firewire card, you'll need to get one and install it. They usually come with a cable. About $20 US.

Then your video software should find the camera.

PS, the Sony software may work once you have the firewire. USB is (usually) too slow to allow full speed capture.
    Fav quote - "Experience is whatcha don't get 'till ya don't need it no more."

System - Athlon 1.4GHz, Win98, Hauppauge PVR250 receiver and compressor.
    Software -Magix Movie Edit Pro 10, Nero 6 + NeroVision Express, Moho 4.61, PSP 8.1, Bryce, Quicktime 6.52 pro, Goldwave 5, DVD-Lab.
    Cameras - Panasonic GS9, Canon ES8400V, Canon EOS D20 and Canon A70

Ive used the same camera many times and its USB transfer is horible, Firewire is the only way with it.