Thread: grasshopper in soundtrack

Default grasshopper in soundtrack

I have a short film I am editing and I have an annoying little grasshopper on my soundtrack. I know that it is not essential that i get rid of it from the track, but perhaps it is because i know its there that it is bugging me. sound editing is my weak point, so i am not too clued in to how to fix it, if i could tone it down without effecting the dialogue. the only software I have access to inregards to sound editing is sound forge. i also have the sonic noise reduction plugins but am not too sure how to use them. any help appreciated

whilst i am asking, another bit of footage i am editing for a friend has excessive trafic noise which drowns out dialogue. is it repairable slightly. i know there is no magic wand to amke it perfect, but is there anyway to med it a little

thanks for any help

can you post a small mp3 as an example of how the audio happens.

I mean because if it is happening while the people are talking then its a little more tedious, but if mostly in between dialog then thats easy 3D Animated Menu\'s Transitions, Backgrounds or just about anything 3d all Animated.

Default sample uploaded

I upoaded about 3 seconds of sound here. Sorry its not longer, I did not want to upload a big file. the link is at
    any advice on how to minimise annoying grasshoppers would be great

Bracknell, Berkshire, UK

Would this do?

Styrange that niormal noise reduction didn't seem to work. I first tried the normal, of capturing the noise profile, i.e. a section of just the noise to be removed and then applied that filter across the whole thing. It seemed to do next to nothing.

So I changed view in Adobe Audition and noticed that the 'noise' was all up at around 8000Hz, so I opened the VST Eq effect dialogue and chose the Default profile then selected the 'high' dial. When the green dot appeared intot he profile view I dragged it to the bottom to remove these frequenceies - or atleast reduce them down.

Default works great

thanks for showing me it can be done. ive never used adobe audition before but think that I can get access to it on a friends computer so I'll give it a shot following the process you used.
    thanks alot

Hi again
    Forgive me if this is a simple and basic question (i am new to sound editing) but what exactly is the VST Eq effect dialogue i only used audition v1.0 for the first time today and seem to be finding my way around it but I am unfamilar with that term

thanks for the help

but what exactly is the VST Eq effect
    VST is a form of audio plugin such as DX, RTAS, etc.

EQ stands for equalizer.