Thread: No Input Signal

Default No Input Signal

Having just spent the past five weeks waiting for my HP Pavilion t865 to come back from Hewlett Packard I now find that the faults I mentioned on this forum in November have not been fixed. I had to get information from HP through the shop I bought the computer from as apparently HP cannot give out information about your computer as they are not allowed to under The Data Protection Act. They then pass you onto End Customer Support and they were about as useful as a chocolate teapot. No information is passed from one department to another so what is the point of having a End Customer Support service? The computer was showing a Bad BIOS checksum first time it was switched on in the morning and occassionally it showed No Input Signal. Thankfully the Bad BIOS checksum seems to have gone but the No Input Signal has taken its place. So the upshot of it is, I contacted my local Citizens Advice Centre and I was told to send the shop a letter with my complaints in it and give them ten days to reply (now on day 4). I demanded a replacement computer from them, no more fixing or sending it away for a month. They also said if I don't get a satisfactory response from the shop I could go to see a solicitor (ooh er talk about using strong arm tactics!) Anyway, this shop and HP have just p***ed me around for far too long, so be warned about HP and the bloody awful service they give. They just want to take your money and get you out the door as fast as they can. HP invents... excuses to fob you off.

Blog Entries

Here's hoping you'll get a happy ending...

That's why I always assemble my PC's myself.

Thanks for the responses Marc and svhs. I now have the monitor, keyboard, mouse and wireless receiver connected up to another PC and yes you've guessed it and they all work perfectly. The monitor switches on and the normal start up procedure takes place, so there is definitely something wrong with the t865 as it keeps giving the No Input Signal. It also seems the t865 throws a wobbler if you connect another monitor to it. I got a blue screen with lots of white writing and it told me to restart the computer again, I did and hey presto everything started alright. I wish someone could figure out what is going on here.