Thread: Color blending

Default Color blending

File size: 109KB
    http://users.cybercity.dk/~dsl62001/...production.wmv

What I would like to do is have the overlaying sections of red/green and green/blue to blend like they do in Photoshop.

I made the it all in Photoshop and imported it to Premier Pro, where I anim. the colors, but PPro doesn't handle layers the same way as PS does. So I was wondering if there is a way I can make the overlaying section blend ?

You're right. Premiere Pro does not handle layer blend modes the same as Photoshop does. However there is a certain amount that can be done in PPro.

First though, I would suggest that iof you have AE then consider uysing this as (most of??) the blend modes from PS do exists there and work in the same way.

But back to PPro. Depending on what blend mode you want you can do it in PPro. The few blend modes that are there exist as 'effects'. Don;t ask me to name all those that are there or quote their paths but I think 'SCREEN' is there so look for that. Drop the effect on the top layer and make a drink while it renders.

Thx for the help, I didn't I don't have an effect called 'SCREEN' but I got allmost what I wanted by using 'BLEND' and 'COLOR REPLACE' sadly though it didn't looked good enough.

So I dragged my feet over to AE just so I could start spending time finding out what AE uses as a replacement effect for PPro's 'CROP', but in the end I managed to do what I wanted and now it looks like it's supposed too

and a picture for the curious of the different results.

Quote Originally Posted by Washburn
    Thx for the help, I don't have an effect called 'SCREEN' but I got allmost what I wanted by using 'BLEND' and 'COLOR REPLACE' sadly though it didn't looked good enough.
    in Premiere Pro 1.5 look in Video Effects -> Keying -> Screen Key.

but for that job. I agree. Stick with AE. It matches Photoshop much better in it's way of doing things and is much more likely to have the blend mode you want.