Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16

Thread: UK Residents - I Need TV Recording and Uploading

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2

    Default UK Residents - I Need TV Recording and Uploading

    This is for those friendly folks in the UK. I need some help and I'm hoping someone can assist me. I have a website based on UK TV and media and I've been looking for someone (a replacement) who can record TV broadcasts and send or upload files to me. MPEG is preferred.

    I live in the USA and I don't have access to UK television shows, although most of what I'm needing comes from the UK. The next broadcast I need recorded is on BBC2 on Saturday morning - there's only one portion of a TV programme that I am looking for and it probably won't be very lengthy.

    If anyone can help me, those who like doing this sort of thing, I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Bracknell, Berkshire, UK
    Posts
    5,191

    Default

    There's a quaint old UK saying we sometimes use when requests for assistance come in. It goes something like this...

    "What's in it for me?"

    Seriously though, a one-off might be a favour to an established forum poster but it sounds like you are looking for some sort of commitment. Capturing analogue and encoding to MPEG2 does take time so, repsectfully, I have to ask what the hourly rate is.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Kent
    Posts
    11,526
    Blog Entries
    24

    Default

    It would appear Grace runs a website to Rupert Grint (never heard of the lad myself) and rumour has it (according to Grace's site), that he will appear on 'Dick and Dom in Da Bungalow', which is on between 9 and 11am on Saturday.

    Not a Dick and Dom fan Alan?

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Warsop, Nottinghamshire.
    Posts
    4,465
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    Ah Dick and Dom. Hard to think of a less talented pair of nobodies that the Auntie Beeb think are entertaining.
    Shouting the word "Bogey" in museums is about as intelligent as they get. Am I just too old to appreciate their 'humour'?

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Kent
    Posts
    11,526
    Blog Entries
    24

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Turn Media
    Ah Dick and Dom. Hard to think of a less talented pair of nobodies that the Auntie Beeb think are entertaining.
    Shouting the word "Bogey" in museums is about as intelligent as they get. Am I just too old to appreciate their 'humour'?
    I think Mike's a fan. Either that or he dislikes them greatly. One of the two. I can't stand them. My nephew went through a phase of shouting "bogies" at the top of his voice whenever excited. He's 22.

    Sorry, I mean 2. Anyway, I'm not a parent but surely there's not really any benefit to that? Perhaps a parent would enlighten me on why shouting unsociable words is the great way forward? Sends the wrong signals to me.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Warsop, Nottinghamshire.
    Posts
    4,465
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    There probably are some 22 year olds that find them funny. Personally, they make me switch off. Or over to my second fav woman in the world. Holly Willoughby. Now she's worth watching.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alan Mills
    There's a quaint old UK saying we sometimes use when requests for assistance come in. It goes something like this...

    "What's in it for me?"
    *laughs* Good question. Sometimes I just assume that people enjoy doing this sort of thing. But you do have a good point.

    All I can say is you would get recognition, fame, and the respect of everyone who visits my website.

    Meh, it was just a question. Just asking. If it's not your cup of tea that's okay. After all, nothing can be accomplished without asking for help sometimes.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Warsop, Nottinghamshire.
    Posts
    4,465
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Peters
    Rupert Grint (never heard of the lad myself)
    He's the only one with any acting talent (child wise) in the Harry Potter films.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    London
    Posts
    221

    Default

    C'mon Marc, get with it. Everybody else knew that.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Manchester, UK
    Posts
    1,893

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Peters
    Quote Originally Posted by Turn Media
    Ah Dick and Dom. Hard to think of a less talented pair of nobodies that the Auntie Beeb think are entertaining.
    Shouting the word "Bogey" in museums is about as intelligent as they get. Am I just too old to appreciate their 'humour'?
    I think Mike's a fan. Either that or he dislikes them greatly. One of the two. I can't stand them. My nephew went through a phase of shouting "bogies" at the top of his voice whenever excited. He's 22.

    Sorry, I mean 2. Anyway, I'm not a parent but surely there's not really any benefit to that? Perhaps a parent would enlighten me on why shouting unsociable words is the great way forward? Sends the wrong signals to me.
    I like them. Purely because kids today are having education rammed down their throats. Everything on kids TV has to be educational, or moral, responsible and so on. But for 2 hours in a week, that can just be thrown out of the window by just having pure and simple escapist FUN. It's not intended to be intelligent, it's not intended to be serious, but what it is intended to be, is something for kids (and immature grownups like me) to giggle at. PLUS, they don't hawk products, or get the latest music acts on trying to promote their latest product, and with them being on the BBC, aren't allowed to advertise anything, and IMHO that's far less harmful than any supposed "informative" program shown on any other channel with several commercial adverts designed to manipulate children in between.

    I'm not saying you have to like it, let's face it, it's probably liked by kids *because* it annoys older people. But, amongst all the other programmes, there is a place for a noisy and puerile show like this, and you shouldn't underestimate the need for brash and noisy entertainment without a hidden agenda.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Uploading help.
    By TWIY in forum Sony Vegas video editing apps
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-13-2007, 03:17 PM
  2. I need help uploading to youtube
    By flashflare in forum Sony Vegas video editing apps
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-28-2006, 09:38 AM
  3. Avi uploading
    By josh a in forum General video editing software help and advice
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 01-12-2006, 06:39 PM
  4. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 11-25-2005, 03:58 PM
  5. Uploading
    By wilburguy12w in forum General video editing software help and advice
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-06-2005, 07:07 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •