Thread: Ripple transition

Default Ripple transition

Hi all

Im trying to apply the same transition to a group of clips in Premier Pro (crossfade) but am having a bit of trouble. Can someone put me staight.

Thanks

hmm tough one eh?

You haven't given many details but if you're after what i suspect you are then rest assured. It's easy enough. i suspect you got no answer because the same question has been asked a handfull of times in the last couple of weeks.

Anyway, to apply the same effect to a whole groups of clips at the same time do the following.

Add the set of clips to a sequence and edit them as required.

Create a new sequence.

Drop a copy of the first sequence intot he timeline of the second, new sequence.

That set of clips nwo appears as a single clip in the second sequence and can be editted as such. Just drop an effect on it and it will effectively apply the same effect tothe entire set of clips.

Hope that helps.

Thanks for the reply. Just one question how do I create a new sequence? Sorry for being a little ignorant.

As I understand you are want to put a transistion on each clip, then what Alan suggest wont work, a transistion is only used at the begining and end of a clip.

there is a couple of ways you can use to apply transistion.

First you must choose the transistion you want as default and right click on it and click 'Set Selected ad Default Transistion'

1:next you can now use PGUP/PGDN or use previous/next buttons in the monitor controls, not the preview monitor, to goto the intersections of the clips.

and dont forget to pick the right video track

Now by pressing CTRL-D you can then apply the default transistion you have chossen.

2: The other way is better for stills/pictures, but can also be used for video footage, the way can not be used if the video needs editing first.

first you must select the clips in the order you need them shown

Then press the button 'Automate to sequence' and under ordering you must select 'selection order'

as you can see it will then automaticly insert you selcted video in the order you selected it, and apply the default transistion that you choose to begin with.
    BUT this is not good for video if you need to edit the clips to remove non essential footage.

I usually use the first way, and you can also do the same with audio with CTRL-SHIFT-D

Now that was a great answer. But you can only have a silver star because you spelt my name wrong.

What do you mean I spelt it right