Thread: What software should I buy?

Default What software should I buy?

I am new to this and as I mentioned in my first post in another thread I have given up on Studio 10. So what should I try next. I have heard many mention Ulead. I have also heard Sony Vegas is good. I assume that all of this software will work with any capture device and capturing and editing analog video is not an issue, correct? I am looking for something that is as powerful as pinnacle without the problems. It would be nice if it is easy to learn to use also.

Thanks for the help.

Scott

Blog Entries

Best bet scott is to download a few trials and give them a whizz. My preference is Vegas, but it's horses for courses. Try them and see how you go. The trials will give you a great feeling for the complete programs.

I probably write this for the millionth time: it's all up to you, not the software. I get 100 people a day who read bad reviews about Pinnacle Studio, then buy it and then complain about it. Others who got it as a gift and they can afford or are too lazy to buy something better. Others who own state-of-the-art computers (that I wish I had myself) configured so well that they're only good for surfing the net and typing documents in Word.
    Pinnacle Studio is the best seller consumer NLE. I don't work for Pinnacle nor Avid, and I don't advertise for free. But believe me, I haven't had bad experiences with their software, not even in version 8 (years ago). All you have to do is read that manual and configure your system according to it. Sure, my Pinnacle Studio crashes too (occasionally), but only after I fix it I realise that, and wgy, it was my fault. And I haven't lost any project because of that.
    You want something else? Go ahead and buy Premiere Elements or anything else, but don't expect miracles!

thanks for the warm welcome to the board svhs.

The fact is that Stuido was recommended to me and I would love to keep it because it looks great. But is you think it just has to do with the way your machine is configured go over to the studio 10 forum on the pinnacle site and tell them that. Studio 8 was great (from what I have read) but 9 and 10 have been garbage.

If anyone else has some productive remarks about other software. I would appreciate hearing them. I am not interested in peoples reviews on PInnacle. I know it is a great product when it works. Problem is it hardly ever works. I have decided to cut my losses.

Quote Originally Posted by scottdg
    Sorry about that, buddy, but it's actually a man, not a robot, than answers at this end, and he has problems too. I don't tend to be rude to newbies. Sometimes it just happens and I appologize.
    And it's also not quite easy for me to track your subjects in the 2 threads that you have opened for it...
    If anyone else has some productive remarks about other software. I would appreciate hearing them. I am not interested in peoples reviews on PInnacle. I know it is a great product when it works. Problem is it hardly ever works. I have decided to cut my losses.
    (Possibly) productive remark: 1.4 GHz is not exactly the specs to ensure a smooth work-around with P.Studio, though above requirements.

Quote Originally Posted by svhs
    Sorry about that, buddy, but it's actually a man, not a robot, than answers at this end, and he has problems too. I don't tend to be rude to newbies. Sometimes it just happens and I appologize.
    And it's also not quite easy for me to track your subjects in the 2 threads that you have opened for it...
    (Possibly) productive remark: 1.4 GHz is not exactly the specs to ensure a smooth work-around with P.Studio, though above requirements.
    If you look it was actually about slightly different topics. I am also aware that my hardware will not provide optimal performance. Are all 600+ of your posts this helpful? You really need to get laid.

Blog Entries

Let's not get personal please. Don't think this is going anywhere, so thread locked.