Thread: whats the best real time editing card ???????????????

Default whats the best real time editing card ???????????????

hi all

i have a question ,

whats the best card for real-time editing !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and looooow price !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

well editing for the most part is real time as it is, Encoding and or special effects are not.
    And thoise and a cheap price dont always ago together 3D Animated Menu\'s Transitions, Backgrounds or just about anything 3d all Animated.

You're looking for the needle in the hay stack.
    Quality (performance) and low price don't go together. So it's all a matter of choice (and compromise).
    What's your budget, and what's your target?

Bracknell, Berkshire, UK

Default Re: whats the best real time editing card ???????????????

Quote Originally Posted by A.R.M.Y
    hi all

i have a question ,

whats the best card for real-time editing !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and looooow price !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm afraid that you will not find what you are after here.

What is generally meant by "real time editting card" will typically cost you over 600 UKP si I'm afraid the two requirements are pretty much mutuall exclusive.

However though, as has already been stated, the actualy editting process itself is usually real time in most NLE packages. The more effects and transitions you put in your movie the more rendering you will need to do.

You need to answer this question if you want a good answer. Exactly what is it that you need to perform in real time? Please do not answer "editting" as that is not helpful. Do you need a solution that is render free? youmight get this up to a point. Do you need a solution that will export in real time. Again, you can get this up to a point.

The problem is though, that depending on your requirements, it might cost you around 30,000 to do it.

But remember though, the more special effects you put on a video and the more transitions you apply will make your movie look very poor indeed. So for normal editing, things are often real time anyway.

There are plenty of peopel here who would be glad to help but you must be very specific in your requirements and expectations.