Thread: "Life" My latest video just finished !! Need some

Default "Life" My latest video just finished !! Need some

Dedicated to a good friend I grew up with who passed away this year and all of our soldiers. Let me know what you all think! :thumbsup:

http://www.4get2.com/life.wmv
    (Right Click Save As.... 50+mb file)

: :arrow:

Blog Entries

Some great footage in there and well edited I think.

Very thought provoking but a strange mix of patriotism and antiwar all rolled into one.

Blog Entries

I must be honest and say that I found it all a bit too much.

The images are all as well known as is the music, just combining the two will be watchable but what was the message? At one point it was linking, Al Qaida, Iraq, the Tsunami and a nuclear bomb in a song which had nothing to do with any of it.
    Anybody can edit spectacular images to a well known song, the skill is to create something new out of it, and for me this was a bit too slushy-flag waving-sentimental for my liking. It was also very biased and distorted aknowledging only the victims on one side of the world.

Finally there was no mention of the music in the end credits, without which the whole video would have been nothing more than a voyeuristic slide-show.

At the risk of being brutal, my opinion is that it's already been done a lot, and a lot better.

i will have to agree with the guru, there really is no point to the video, the editing is fine but wheres the story, i mean you didnt even stay focused on a subject. Thats the problem

Il give you an example of something i would have done. Get the Human Emoton of it.

Mothers crying, sons sending video' messeges home telling there families they dont know if they will make it but in case they want to say they love em and wish them a happy cristmas. I mean that type of shit anyone can connect to. BTW Im a New yorker and That shit effected New yorkers the most You have No idea the smell that spread through the city, A dark musky smell of Fire and death that lingered for 2 weeks and i can tell you honestly Theres no Human Responce, For a video called life, all you showed was people going in to die, Things Blowing up and Arabs in that order and repeat.

Human responce is very inportant. Also The music should reflect such a responce along with being topicle.

The rules for making this type of video are do not make it seem like that type of video. I've said this many times, Dont try to pull the heartstrings, Try to simply reconnect the person to there own memories and they will do the pulling them selves.

What memories do i have of Bin laden, or scenes from World war 2 when we stormed the beach. None.

But i do have memories of people crying, people screaming and running to get away from the collapse of the WTC, Also memories of thousands of Letters and posters spread through NY of people in search of there loved ones. The human responce is a very significant thing for video's....

As much as i hate Network News i gotta say they know how to whore it. In USA recently a mine collapsed killing 12 people, and the news wont leave the family alone they want those tears they want the anger they want the pain. There not showing stock footage of mines blowing up. Thats the difference.

I think i would have liked the video more if you would have set it to benny hill music and made it a goof video. I mean anythings funny to that music
    freeformvideo.com: 3D Animated Menu\'s Transitions, Backgrounds or just about anything 3d all Animated.

that my friend for me was brillaint, emotional and thought provoking *as stated earlier* the Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines footage fitted just right, as i remember feeling sad/emotional when i saw that at the cinema....Bravo. This may effect me more as in 1999 i actually went up the world trade centre, and have tickets still in my room to show i did. God, that shot of the plane hitting the towers shocked me, and i still cant believe i saw it....i praise you for making this video. Also addin the Omaha Beach landing got me aswell, as that too showed the strength and determination of human life. I actually would applaude you. I dont care about editing styles and how its put together, it's just....what is needed to show what we humans are doing to ourselves....

I think I can see both sides of the argument. I have seen those images many times before. And some of the shooting looked like AE had been used. Although i think we ought to be kind knowing he has lost a friend. The world effect was truly amazing. How did you do it? I liked the fact it was all the disasters in the world but I didn't get why you had man made and natural within the same video. All in all I think it is a great video and there were to week spots.