Thread: Shutter Speed FX

Default Shutter Speed FX

I'm looking for a Slow Shutter Effect for Sony Vegas. I want the film to look like the effect they use throughout some films and soaps.

All Sony Camcorders have the standard "SLOW SHUTTER" Effect in the menu. I'm looking for something like this as an effect in sony vegas. Nothing too extreme- just a slightly slower shutter speed. Anyone?

okay, after some research, what I want to do is convert PAL 25fps to to IVTC Film 23.976fps

Does anyone know how to convert a standard 25fps PAL DV file down to 23.976fps? Obviously I'm looking to convert it (ie interpolate frames etc), and not just Play it back at the slower frame rate.

Anyone??

ps-

google searchin for hours found nothing.

Blog Entries

Converting from PAL to 23.97 NTSC is a complete minefield of audio / video synch issues. If I'm honest, this is a technical point that's beyond my knowledge, but essentially you are looking for a way to create a "film effect".

Dvinfo.net is a forum geared towards the higher end, with some very knowledgable people. They have an entire forum dedicated to "the film look", and I would suggest you take a look there:

http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/forumdisplay.php?f=34

Actually im thinking a simple brightness varience every 3 frames would do the trick. It would give the appearance of shutter. Changing the actual frame rate from 30 to 23 would simply put you in movie mode, the overall appearance of it would be no different
    freeformvideo.com: 3D Animated Menu\'s Transitions, Backgrounds or just about anything 3d all Animated.

hmmm lemme think
    freeformvideo.com: 3D Animated Menu\'s Transitions, Backgrounds or just about anything 3d all Animated.

ok heres my idea

Take that clip into virtual dub, Decimate it to 15 frames per second. Apply a Frame blend in filters. then export it back out. slow down if necc

Quote Originally Posted by Marc Peters

Dvinfo.net is a forum geared towards the higher end, with some very knowledgable people. They have an entire forum dedicated to "the film look", and I would suggest you take a look there:

http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/forumdisplay.php?f=34

JUST what I was looking for! Awsome! Thanks, (And WOW it took me til' now to find out about the AGUS35, I couldn't sleep last night!)