Thread: Can you add video to menus in Encore DVD?

Default Can you add video to menus in Encore DVD?

Not sure if this is a stupid question or not...but I'm using Encore DVD to make a menu and I would like to have a series of videos play above my buttons (with no audio), which are on the bottom, as a background, with a separate audio track playing over the whole thing. I've got everything set up the way I want except I don't know how to put videos into the menu....or can you? If you can't do it with Encore, is there anything you can do it with?

Blog Entries

Excuse my New Year merriness! The way I do this is to create a composition in Premiere. I import a PSD of the main menu with an alpha channel to show the video track(s) through. I then overlay this on my video tracks, export this and import into Encore. I create a "dummy" menu, then point the video background to this file. Finally, I create the text overlay and button routing.

Ok I think I understand the general concept here...I just need clarification on some of the steps. The fact that I'm drunk probably doesn't help that much but hey it'll make things easier when I actually try to do this. So I should create what I want in Premiere? As far as like the series of videos (say fading in and out for instance)...then import a PSD of the main menu with an alpha channel (what is this btw?)...put it over the videos...then when I export...am I exporting as a movie? then importing into Encore? Sorry but again I am a little drunk and bored so just trying to clear that up, thanks for the help though.