Thread: Compressor help!

Default Compressor help!

My Adobe Premiere can't detect DivX 6 codec for some reason after I updated it from DivX 5.

I'm able to play my AVI files in the "Clips monitor", but when I insert a segment into a sequence, it turns all black, and nothing can be seen.

When trying to export, I see all the other codecs in the compressors in the 'Video' setting, but not the DivX 6 that I need.

Can someone tell me how to add DivX to the list of compressors?

What version of adobe premiere are u using
    freeformvideo.com: 3D Animated Menu\'s Transitions, Backgrounds or just about anything 3d all Animated.

It's Adobe Premiere Pro 1.5

Blog Entries

Premiere Pro's support on non-DV formats is flakey at best. It comes as no surprise to me that MPEG4 material (your DivX 6 encoded video) does not play in the timeline, and this is normally addressed by converting to a more "editable" format outside of Premiere first.

However, as Premiere is not seeing the codec and not therefore displaying as an output option, there's a possibility that there was a problem with the installation of the codec. I assume you are selecting File > Export > Movie and then selecting the codec there?

It might be worth uninstalling and reinstalling the DivX codec.

yeah agree with marc, do a restall of divx. It works on my end NP, Xvid on the other hand give me the black screen
    freeformvideo.com: 3D Animated Menu\'s Transitions, Backgrounds or just about anything 3d all Animated.

Blog Entries

To confirm, the following is a screenshot from Premiere Pro 1.5 following a successful install of DivX 6.1

I reinstalled it, and it shows in compressor list now. It's still black screen, but I will try to convert to other formats and edit it.

Thanks for the help everyone.