Thread: Inspiration

Blog Entries

Default Inspiration

Not everyone's a creative genius, and most of us draw inspiration from others' work. What, or perhaps who, inspires you?

Marc Peters

Blog Entries

I am rarely inspired without a kick of some kind to get me going. I usually need a nugget of an idea, and I expand upon that. The Roadies at Work vid was inspired by a tune I heard on the radio. The Christmas vid was inspired by the thought of my family being Simpsonesque, (a comment made by someone else). I film bands because they have big egos, have an idea (usually vaguely) of what they want and I draw from them. I am a desert ideas wise normally, as the Red competition bears testament to.

And I forget to de-interlace when I'm rushing.

Main things that give me ideas are. You guys. I will watch a video and think "oh That's a good shot" and then go and try to redo the shot shown.

I havnt been on here for a while... Ive been so busy with school and holiday and an internship... but I'd say music is my source of creativity. When I'm listening to my ipod, I'm in the zone. Sometimes images pop up in my head and i think "Damn, that would be really cool."
    Frank Sinatra - \"Thats Life, Biatch\"

Does it count if you are choosing your scitzophrenic other self?

Blog Entries

Sometimes I make a video just cos a piece of music inspires me. Often it is one of my friends comiing up with an idea for a silly sketch. Ads on the telly and this site give me cool editing ideas.

Often when I watch films I 'deconstruct' them in my head to see how they were made and how directing / editing / filming choices 'speak' to the audience (ande no I dont have a degree in media studies or semiotics, just bullshit !)

Everyday life, and just bouncing ideas off the other guys. Quite often, I'll come up with a "one line idea" and someone else will develop it from there. Quite a lot of our ideas work like that. We have a private area on our messageboard where we just post any ideas we have, no matter how small.

If I was advising people, I'd say to just write down absolutely every idea you have, even if it's just one phrase or sentence, then go back to it every couple of months until you can get something out of it.

Blog Entries

Yep, agree with the above. Me and a few of my friends keep stuff in notebooks and regualarly brain storm to find the winners (hopefully)