Thread: Software decision more than a problem

Default Software decision more than a problem

Only just getting into the whole camera thing after getting one for Christmas and having had a few probs with a wedding video that I fancy having a go at re-editing.

I'm after some decent software that will be simple enough for a newbie to use but still have enough features to allow DVD authoring aswell.

After reading up on a few of them I decided that I'd plump for Pinnacle MediaSuite 10. Having just ordered it I then decided to research it a little more (yes, I know I got that the wrong way round!) and every user review I have read completely pans it for it's instability. Even Pinnacles boards are full of disgruntled customers etc.

Other reviews I've read suggested PowerDirector, but after reading up on that it seems that I'd need to get PoweProducer to author the DVD.

Is there a good editor and authoring program out there or am I just asking for the world?

Blog Entries

For the same price, there's Pure Motion Edit Studio 5, Adobe Premiere Elements 2, and Ulead Video Studio 9.

Default Reply

Would you recommend them as being as capable a product?

From what I read of ProEdit it wasn't much of an authoring product (I may be completely wrong on that though as that was late night by the time square eyes had set in).

When I downloaded the Demo of the pinnacle product it seemed to have everything ... just a pity no-one can seem to get it working!

Not a huge fan of adobe in the past, just don't get on with their set-up.

I'll take a look at the other two then if they're comparable feature wise. I don't mind paying a bit more if I'm getting something that works and is up to the job.

Blog Entries

I use Premiere Pro for my personal use. I can understand why you would not like the adobe interface, but in my opinion the Premiere Pro interface is extremely well designed. Elements is very similar, if not easier.

Edit Studio 5 is a great little application I got to know as part of a review. When I review software, I don't just read the back of the box like many reviewers are accused of. If I couldn't afford Premiere Pro, I would have bought Edit Studio.

Although I have not used studio 5 I hve found Ppro is a realy good app.