Thread: Capture error: System halted (BSOD)

Default Capture error: System halted (BSOD)

Hello, i've been having problems with capturing DV, i got a new motherboard and new memory modules. I was able to capture with my previous motherboard perfectly.

Now, when I connect my firewire cable to my DV camera and open WinDV( I also tryed Video Vegas, Movie Maker), and put the camera on playback, then i get BSOD and an error like: "Hardware Malfunction, Call your system vendor etc, System has halted.", sometimes the mouse just freezes and the computer restarts. I have a firewire card and it has worked without any flaws with my previous motherboard( Epox 4BDAE, now I have Abit VT7 ).

I also searched for answers in google, somebody recommended to switch the firewire card PCI slot, it didn't help. I also ran memtest86 for 30min, and it didn't give any errors. So could anybody help me a bit here ?

Did you re-load Windows or just use your existing installation with your new motherboard?

for furture motherboard purchases ALWAYS GET ASUS MOTHERBOARDS
    freeformvideo.com: 3D Animated Menu\'s Transitions, Backgrounds or just about anything 3d all Animated.

Yeah sure I have an ASUS 64-bit motherboard and my computer crashes almost daily in the last few months. MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION whatever the hell that is. So a clean install of Windows will probably do the trick.

Quote Originally Posted by karmatized
    for furture motherboard purchases ALWAYS GET ASUS MOTHERBOARDS
    Indeed!

Well keep in mind most of the time it isnt even windows it self. Its usually driver related. Check your drivers and update
    freeformvideo.com: 3D Animated Menu\'s Transitions, Backgrounds or just about anything 3d all Animated.

I have re-insalled windows about 3 times for now, so that's not the problem. What drivers are you talking about? I have the newest GeForce drivers( 81.98 ). I also tryed some older drivers (71.89).

Any more ideas ?