Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: trimming file size ?

Default trimming file size ?

anyone know any free software wich i can trim my movie size, a 1 min movie is over 200mb and my windows movie maker doesnt work so its no good

u can always rely on the trusted Virtual Dub software. Goodle it. it will help with a lot of pesky files that dont want to convert or whatnot
    freeformvideo.com: 3D Animated Menu\'s Transitions, Backgrounds or just about anything 3d all Animated.

Default hmm

i downloaded virutal dub just 5 mins ago lol but it didnt seem very good, it only saved as avi and the filesize was HUGE. i cut a 5 sec clip from a movie and it was 97mb that is insane lol

Blog Entries

Video can be encoded using various different "codecs" (a word derived from compression - decompression). You need to select a codec to compress the file, and if you want small files sizes, you want something like DivX.

To select a codec in VirtualDub, go Video > Compression. Select the codec you want, then select configure. If you're using DivX (download from www.divx.com), set the video bitrate to about 600kbps and the encode mode to 1st pass. Click ok, then ok again and encode. Now repeat the process above, but this time select Nth pass in the codec settings. This is called multipass encoding.

hmmm ok i mangaged to select the divx codec but i cannot see where it says encode lol sorry i am new to this

also one more thing make sure you select the audio codec ass well, works just like video, but this time select mp3 as codec and set a bitrate of around 128 if you dont have audio then just put no audio

Now to actually encode thats the easyest part. File, Save, name it and click ok
    freeformvideo.com: 3D Animated Menu\'s Transitions, Backgrounds or just about anything 3d all Animated.

hmmm so i select the divx codec click ok, then save it, re open it and do it over again but this time select Nth pass then save it again and it should be smaller filesize ?

Blog Entries

Yes. Or just do it once by selecting 1-pass as the encode setting.

ok i opend a 16mb mpg movie.... set the codec to divx, bitrate to 600, click ok and saved it....now it is 24mb lol so its even bigger than it started out, and i reopend it but cannot see a Nth pass option. howcome it saved bigger lol

Blog Entries

I would suggest you try reducing the video bitrate. Did you also select audio compression?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast