Thread: How the original movie VCDs are created?

Default How the original movie VCDs are created?

How the original movie VCDs are created? Is it that first the film is scanned and then the file is converted to VCD? Or any other procedure?
    Which softwares are employed in preparation of those original (and not PIRATED) movie VCDs that are released by the movie production houses?
    I am asking this question because whenever I make VCD from footage taken from my Sony miniDV handycam, it loses clarity(though i get excellent clarity by making DVD). Original movie VCDs are also of excellent picture clarity. How it becomes possible?

your problem really is that your not doing multipass. the more you multipass the higher quality you can get.

Multi pass means to go over the entire movie and analize the best way to encode it. ive seen video's that where multi passed 5 times before actually encoded.

Most Encoding software can do this. If you are using one that doesnt or cant you need to do a little google searching and find one thats better
    freeformvideo.com: 3D Animated Menu\'s Transitions, Backgrounds or just about anything 3d all Animated.

@ karmatized
    I use Pinnacle 9, Ulead Video Studio 9 and Roxio VideoWave 7 but I don't know how to use Multipass facility as you stated. Will you please elaborate. Thanks in advance. Please name any other software that have this facility.

gimme a minute, but also keep in mind i seriously doubt that the hollywood companies use those products to do vcd's for most mpeg compression they use dedicated either software of hardware
    freeformvideo.com: 3D Animated Menu\'s Transitions, Backgrounds or just about anything 3d all Animated.

well i dont know about your software, i use premiere but most software that can encode mpeg should allow you to do VBR 1 or 2 pass encoding

VBR 2 pass goes over the mobes 2 times and the 3rd time it encodes the file. Mind you it can tripple the encoding time doing it but it usually produces much better results