Thread: 6.0 or 7.0?

Default 6.0 or 7.0?

Hello,

I知 just starting out and have been using Windows Movie Maker 2.0. I would like to upgrade to a better program. I like the looks of Premier and have a question about the version number. It looks like I can order a new copy of version 6.0 for around a 150.00 on ebay. Version 7.0 costs a bit more. Is the higher price for version 7.0 worth it considering I知 so new? Would 6.0 work for a year while I learn the program? Any thoughts?

James

Blog Entries

7 is definately the way to go - if only for the real time editing facility (transitions etc don't have to be rendered before preview).

Thanks Marc!

James

OK, I致e been playing with the demo version of Pro and I知 running into a snag. When I import an AVI file it will play for a few seconds and then get stuck. Along with getting stuck it makes a horrible noise (kind of like a grinding noise). I tried two different clips with the same results. I then opened the same clips in Movie Maker and they play just fine. Is this because it痴 the demo version and only lets me use a few seconds of a clip, or is something else going on here? I would like to get this sorted out before I purchase the program.

Any suggestions?

James