I've just spent the last 3 hours trying to establish a GPRS connection on my PDA via my phone (previously I'd done this using a CF Modem). I'd spent hours trying all kinds of hacks and tricks from hundreds of sites. I tried incremental changes to one setting, until eventually I gave up and decided to use normal WAP; I set up the connection, but it connected to the GPRS one (or at least tried to). I then deleted the GPRS connection and yet mysteriously my PDA still tried to connect to it. Hmm, it was doing the impossible.
So I figured either I'm breaking the laws of physics, or I have another connection somewhere. Yep, it was the latter. Took one look at the connection, saw what was wrong and hey presto I was connected.