Thread: A couple Music video essays

Default A couple Music video essays

Hi,

Produced a couple new video essays recently...

Hurricane Katrina Event/Aftermath- 10 minute Katrina Music Video Essay

and

John Lennon 25 years later- 12 minute Lennon Piece

bye!

a compliment and a critisism at the same time. i thought the lennon video was good, but i do also feel that you may have tried a little too hard to draw an emotional responce from anyone who watches, i think it should have been a little more less in your face at cirtain points. Not sure if you ever saw the imagine video, in which the ending where lennon was shot.

It was a stream of pictures flashing by quickly of lennon through his life, then a flash. to fade into a video of the famous lennon glass's falling through the air to the ground shattering upon impact. To Then fade to the huge croud of thousands of people outside the area singing and crying.

Mind you the main thing behind it also, Was the song "The End" by the beatles. the part where the build-up happends and then the sudden stop in the song at the end. this was used for the picture sequence into the glass's falling scean. Then as the croud sceen came up they used "In my life" arguably one of the best songs ever written. Its the old saying save the best for last. if you do that people have a profound feeling after its over drawing an emotional responce from within them selves rather it being forced by images within a video.

Just my opinion take it or leave it, beyond the emotional issue the editing was good

Oh yes also one thing you must have. The original first announement of his death was on monday night football. by howard cossel.
    That was the first broadcast of his shooting and death on any forum. So i would think its a must.
    freeformvideo.com: 3D Animated Menu\'s Transitions, Backgrounds or just about anything 3d all Animated.

Thanks for the critique.

The first two thirds of the video were an afterthought. My motivation was to try to bring John Lennon forward in time to the present day. So I opted for contemporary music from the current activists U2. The InMy LIfe and Imagine sections were just for those how need a refresher course on John Lennon.

As for emotion, that is what I go for in all my video. Weaken the audience, get in there, tried to tweak their hearts and minds, revealing something that is already present, but not obvious.

thanks again

Quote Originally Posted by karmatized
    a compliment and a critisism at the same time. i thought the lennon video was good, but i do also feel that you may have tried a little too hard to draw an emotional responce from anyone who watches, i think it should have been a little more less in your face at cirtain points. Not sure if you ever saw the imagine video, in which the ending where lennon was shot.

Mind you the main thing behind it also, Was the song "The End" by the beatles. the part where the build-up happends and then the sudden stop in the song at the end. this was used for the picture sequence into the glass's falling scean. Then as the croud sceen came up they used "In my life" arguably one of the best songs ever written. Its the old saying save the best for last. if you do that people have a profound feeling after its over drawing an emotional responce from within them selves rather it being forced by images within a video.

Just my opinion take it or leave it, beyond the emotional issue the editing was good

Oh yes also one thing you must have. The original first announement of his death was on monday night football. by howard cossel.
    That was the first broadcast of his shooting and death on any forum. So i would think its a must.