Thread: newbie help please

Default newbie help please

hola people
    i need some advice (dont most of us )no matter what programme i use me pc just freezes eveytimeduring the rendering ,tried everythig so it's a good excuse to buy a new pc thats up for the job
    the basics of the one i have at the moment are ...amd athlon(tm) xp 2800+ 2.08ghz,1gb ram

i was thinking around 500 -1000 sterling was in the right price bracket
    what spec do i need to be looking for ???

gracias muchachos

Blog Entries

Before going out and buying a new PC, it's definately worth a clean install of Windows. I'd give you odds on that 'fixing' the problem.

cheers for that mark ,,,forgive me if im mistaken but i'm sure that pinnacle owners have tried this and still had probs ???i may be wrong
    the kids need a pc so it's a good excuse to buy a new machine (sorryfor the wife to buy me a new machine

if i do look for a new pc what's a good spec to work off ??

Blog Entries

Are you a self builder, or do you buy from system builders? My best advice to you (if in the UK) is to get yourself down to a newsagent and browse through a few copies of PC mags. Each month they review about 10 or so PCs in a certain price bracket.

These companies go all out to win awards (some companies get stuck if they do win an award as they can't fulfill the huge increase in sales), and these systems are by far the cheapest they'll ever offer.

They''ll all be almost identical. Ignore the benchmarks the magazines carry out. Go for the machine with the (biggest) harddrive, highest rated CPU, most amount of RAM, best graphics card (in that order). Ignore vapour ware such as speakers and printers, but pay close attention to the screen bundled. This could be a deal clincher.

... I'm really not sure a new PC will get your problem solved. As for an excuse for the wife, I'm even more uncertain...

i'll be buying from pc builder ,,svhs,why dont you think a new pc will solve the problem ?? i know pinnacle have a problem ,but tried 4 different software pc crashed everytime ??
    again any help most grateful

kenny

Well it looks to me like either your PC has issues, and you could improve that just by changing a specific component, or you should forget about Pinnacle Studio and get yourself another, more stable, NLE (like Vegas or Premiere Elements). But a new PC? I don't know...

Go to Tigrer Direct You can get some damn fast systems for extremely cheap on there!
    Mac G5 workstation with 4 gigs of ram, 4x250 gig drives in raid 5. High availability cluster server running centos for a server. 2xCanon GL2 cameras.

TuscSports.com