Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: which software..? scrolling titles, moving backgrounds...

Default which software..? scrolling titles, moving backgrounds...

I'm looking for some video editing software for creating titles at the start of films. I'm current using Adobe Premier Elements for creating scrolling titles. These titles are only scrolling with a still background. I would like to have moving backgrounds- for example have a title scrolling over a moving clouds or any other moving background.

Could someone reccommend a software that will do this? Adobe Premier elements only allows the scrolling titles over a still background.

Thanks for your help!!!

Premiere Elements does this just fine if I understand you properly.

Create your scrolling title, place it on video track 2 above your other clip in track one and there you have it.

JT- Yeh, I understand what you mean - but I dont think Premier Elements provides the templates for the backgrounds, right? I mean I can create the scrolling title in one track, but there aren't any kind of moving backgrounds available to add in the second track. Do you know where I can get these from, or how to do this?

Appreciate your help!

I see what you mean now.

You might just need to search for some free stock footage. I've got a couple of MOV files (1mb and 11mb) that have rolling clouds I could send you if you want. One's pretty short but you could time stretch it a bit. I've just tried it and it works fine. These kind of templates tend to come on cover mounts on magazines or freebies on some websites. You just need to search around I'm afraid.

Right, I see - So there isn'tt software u can buy that have the templates there already?

Would you mind giving me any links as to where I can download moving backgrounds? Or could you send me any you hav then?

Thanks again.

The ones I've got came from here http://www.alunablue.com/

There's loads of sites that do similar things to this. Try googling "animated video backgrounds" and you'll see what I mean. I'm not aware of editing packages that come with them built in but I'm sure that there probably are a few out there.

Ok, I'll hav a look at the site in a bit.

I downloaded a few random moving clouds files to try out. In Premier Elements I added the media, put them on another track to the scrolling title and tried playing it. The video seemed to be 'jerking' a great deal. When I opened the media moving file separatly it works fine - but once I added the media to a track in the timeline, it just 'jerks'.

I hope u know what i mean by the jerking - as in the video plays in slight blocks (hope that makes sense). Any idea how i can rectify this? I'm new 2 this and really need some help.

Thank you JT.

All you have to do is render the timeline and the jerkiness will go away.

Menu - Timeline - Render Work Area

ok, I'm trying that out right now! btw, what does the 'rendering' process actually do - just out of interest.

thanks.

All a render does is finalise your clip really. The software / hardware takes all the effects and transmisions you've applied and processes them all together into one finished file.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast