Thread: Slowing a Sequence Render

Default Slowing a Sequence Render

In Premiere Pro 1.5: How can an completly edited sequence of stills & music - i have zero video footage in my sequence - of 4mins be re-rendered to output (DVD, .avi, etc...) at a variable speed eg. half the speed. so that all video keyframes stay in relation to the stretched (slowed) audio. Do i use the "Shuttle" control slider to do that?

From a newbie....Thanks.....

Since your not using any film clips, then all you have to do when you have draged the still/picture to the timeline, is select the 'selection tool' (or press button V) then you can drag the stills/pictures by their edge and extend or shorten them as you see fit to make fit the musik.

Hi Washburn,

Correct me if i'm wrong, it sounds what you're describing is the beginning of the editing process, thus as your instructions, that will lengthen the duration of a clip.

However, I already have 30-40 still clips on a 4 min timeline w/ 1 music track/song. All viewing frames, motion effects (rotation, scale, position, anchors), keyframes for motion effects, have been set in place, sycronized to the track's tempo/melody & exactly as i want them.

What I need to do though, is to slow/stretch the entire/complete (& completed) sequence so that all keyframes will stretched to the same porportions as the stretched music track. ie. I have a 4min sequence w/ music & still clips that i want to play for 6mins instead but so that the music plays slower, and all keyframes happen still at the same beat/pulse within the music.

Razor

Export the whole timeline (audio and 'video' (well, stills)) as a DV-AVI. Then import this clip back into premiere. Put new clip into a timeline and change the speed as desired.

Quote Originally Posted by uwrazor
    Hi Washburn,

What I need to do though, is to slow/stretch the entire/complete (& completed) sequence so that all keyframes will stretched to the same porportions as the stretched music track. ie. I have a 4min sequence w/ music & still clips that i want to play for 6mins instead but so that the music plays slower, and all keyframes happen still at the same beat/pulse within the music.

Razor
    Ahh okey now I think I know what you mean, sadly I dont have any experience with Premier 6.5, but in Premier Pro, you would create a new sequence, then drag the sequence with all the stills and music over into the new one, then right click on that sequence and choose "speed/Duration" there you can enter the length you want it or at wich speed you want. PPro also has a "Rate Stretch tool" to manipulate the sequence directly.

So see if P6.5 should have one of these functions.