DVuser is soon to launch their brand new quarterly publication entitled "DVuser Magazine".
If this is you then pop over to www.dvuser.co.uk and click on the "MAGAZINE" link at the top of the home page and subscribe for free. Usual cover price 3.50, but free for a limited time to Videoforums members.

A bit about the mag. It is aimed at Semi-Professionals and Professionals working in the video production and broadcast sectors. The magazine is aimed at the same level as the DVuser web site, your average DVuser site visitor and soon to be magazine subscriber would shoot on high-end DVCAM equipment, use decent Sennheiser/Rhodes etc mics, Mackie mixers, Minx sound recording equipment and would edit on the likes of Final Cut Pro, Avid Xpress, Nitris, Media 100 etc. Of course there are those who shoot on the likes of XL2, PD170, GY-HD101E and then at the other end of the scale, Digibeta and high-end HD uncompressed.

I have only given this brief outline as I know there are a lot of beginners just starting out in the industry, for them, the magazine might be a bit much for now, maybe it would be better later on as you get past the basics. DVuser magazine is definately not a beginner magazine. For total beginners the likes of Digital Video and the new DVeasy would be better suited, or great web sites like this one.

I'm not trying to put anyone off, I just don't want any beginners to be overwhelmed or dissapointed with the Semi-Professional and Professional level of the magazine.

Thanks for reading.