Thread: Which software for combining movies???

Default Which software for combining movies???

Hi,

I have no experience in Video editing whatsoever, but I want to get into the theme for a long time now. The problem is, that I do not know which software is good for beginners. I have very much experience in Adobe photoshop and just love faking pictures and combining images to make a whole new picture. Since I went everywhere with my camera I can imagine it will be the Camcorder from now on.

Can you recommend me software that is easy to use and has the features I need to put two films together (like special effects)?

I really appreciate it.

Teisha

Well, there is video editing and special effects. The two are seperate things and typically will come in seperate packages.

You are familiar with Photoshop so you might favour the Adobe offerings. Premiere pro or premiere Elements is their video editor. But for special effects or 'combining movies' (more commonly referred to as 'composritting' in the editting circles) you will want to have a look at After Effects.

These are not the only options available to you. They are hardly the cheapest and a substancial learning curve may be ahead of you (more so with After Effects).

I quote Adobe s/w because it's what I know. Other, I'm sure will have recommendations for s/w they are familiar with.