Thread: Another silly Question ?.

Default Another silly Question ?.

Hi again when I have edited my video on Premiere 6.5 I would like to use Adobe encore dvd 1.5 to make menu and burn dvd so when I export from Premiere what should I export it for good quality ?.

Export from Premiere as DV-AVI. Import into Encore and let encore automatically transcode for you

Preserving quality is easy with DV.
    Capturing, trimming, adding effects etc. whatever you do keep the material DV AVI, whatever programs you use, until you have the finished movie ready to be authored to DVD. That's when you encode to MPEG-2.

Respectfully, I do not agree with the last two posts.

Whilst I agree it makes no 'real' difference to the end result I personally recommend you export from premiere as mpeg2 rather than as DV AVI. Then import the MPEG2 into En core rather than DV AVI.

The reasons, as I've explained here before is that when building your project in Encore and previewing, Encore does not know that your DV AVI is widescreen (assuming it is of course) and so your Encore previews of your project will not be displayed with the correct pixel aspect ratio. preview playback is fine for MPEG2 based timelines in Encore.

As I said, this makes no real difference to the final DVD but I find it really annoying.

Also, if I'm working in SD then I prefer to do the encoding from Premiere because I can do it in real time from there using my Matrox card. So I guess, for me anyway, I'm keeping my workflow consistent.

Alan might be right; I haven't considered After Effects.