Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Premiere Elements hanging on DVD burning

Default Premiere Elements hanging on DVD burning

Hi,

New here, trying to find the answer to a problem I have which is driving me mad. I'm using Adobe Premiere Elements (v1.0) and have created a project of a load of onboard bike footage from trackdays. The problem I have is that when I try to create a DVD it gets so far and then hangs (or appears to). It ALWAYS reaches the same point in the "progress" bar and then does nothing. I've left it running for 10 hours+ just in case and it remains at the same point.

What I have tried:
    1. It will export the file as an MPEG, WMV etc, no problems.
    2. I can burn other projects to DVD, no problems.
    3. I have installed Premiere on another machine and copied the project across. Same problem.
    4. I have removed all the markers and such in case of a problem there. Same result.

I'm inclined to believe there is a problem with the specific project, but since I reckon it took me somewhere in the region of ten hours or so to create I'll be buggered if I'm going to start again without exploring every avenue! :|

Any advice or suggestions would be gratefully received!
    \"Look through these blackened eyes, you\'ll see ten thousand lies, my lips may promise but my heart is a whore.\"

Why don't you just export the file and use another app to author the DVD?

Quote Originally Posted by JT
    Why don't you just export the file and use another app to author the DVD?
    I could do I guess, save for the small fact I don't have any other DVD authoring software. I would have thought that chapter markers etc would get screwed up in another package?

Thanks, Damon
    \"Look through these blackened eyes, you\'ll see ten thousand lies, my lips may promise but my heart is a whore.\"

Fair enough. The only thing is it does sound as if that particular project is going to carry on giving you problems. Can you not use trials of something like Nero to author the DVD? As you say it might mean setting new chapter marks but in the long run it might save you time.

Hi There,
    I think you are going to have to examine along the timeline with a fine tooth comb, this did happen to me once, it was some glitch along the time line but for the life of me I can't remember what it was
    Zoom up the time line and examine it in detail

You might try saving it as an AVI, then put that on a time line and try making a DVD from that
    Alan Hodkinson
    at
    Viking Video

3.2 Ghz P4 800FSB CPU, 2Gb DDR400 PC3200 memory, 128Mb AGP ATI Radeon 9200 DDR Graphics, 40 Gb H/D, 250 Gb H/D, 1.5 Tb H/D, NEC ND-2510 dual layer DVD 8X, LG Gsa-4081B DVD, Creative soundblaster live, Windows XP SP1, Premiere Pro, Premiere Elements 2.

Just compleated a project, went to burn it out to DVD when up came a fatal error message to the effect that it couldn't burn Dvd from that timeline, so I did as I said in my previous post, I created another folder, converted the timeline to AVI and saved it in that folder, I then created another project and impoted the AVI to that timeline and burnt the DVD from that, all was well.......Hope this may be of help to anyone who has this happen, its the second time its worked for me.
    Alan Hodkinson
    at
    Viking Video

3.2 Ghz P4 800FSB CPU, 2Gb DDR400 PC3200 memory, 128Mb AGP ATI Radeon 9200 DDR Graphics, 40 Gb H/D, 250 Gb H/D, 1.5 Tb H/D, NEC ND-2510 dual layer DVD 8X, LG Gsa-4081B DVD, Creative soundblaster live, Windows XP SP1, Premiere Pro, Premiere Elements 2.

Default Same problyem ....

I am experiencing the same problem and it is driving me mad.

I have tried outputting to hard drive - fails in the same place again and again.

I have tried different projects and all but one exhibit same issue.

Adobe site not very helpful in terms of support.

Any further news on this problem?

Mike

Hi there Mike,
    Are you trying to output it to Hard drive via the DVD option, I didn't do that, I left in Edit mode and exported the Timeline as AVI and then created a new project and imported the AVI to that and made DVD from that.....hope I have made myself clear.
    Alan Hodkinson
    at
    Viking Video

Hi Silver.

I am using "DVD" option and creating in Folder rather than writing direct to DVD but problem occurs whether I write direct to DVD or write to folder. I am presently trying to re-create in a new project by adding AVI files captured from my camcorder to a new project one at a time to see if I can figure out if it is a particular clip that causes the problem. I looked at Adobe site but most of their "advice" tries to point finger at DVD drive, graphics adapter etc. and recommends firmware upgrades etc - no suggestion that their software may be to blame! I have no issues writing DVD using Nero (for backup purposes) or playing all sorts of games (Doom, farcry etc. all on full acceleration etc.) but Adobe seem to try and suggest that there may be problems there - no help.

I will try and experiment further, thought you might have pinpointed the problem a bit futher - stay in touch.

Mike

Hi BigMikeyMike

As I said in the PM, I'm still no further. I fail to be believe it's hardware related because I have tried on two completely different setups and got the same problem (added to the fact that every other project has been fine). Let me know if you get anywhere!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast