Thread: A Little Surfing Vid.

Default A Little Surfing Vid.

Sent this link today and could not resist to post this as I think you will agree, this is extreme to the max. Also really shows some wonderful camera angle shots.
    Hope you enjoy this clip.

SurfTheRide.wmv

Scooter
    AMD Athlon 3200
    Asus A7N8X Dlux
    ATI Video
    1 Gig Mem
    Windows XP Pro
    2 Seagate ATA 160 Gig HD,1 Maxtor 120 Gig HD
    Sony DRU-510 DVD/CD Burner
    Viewsonic 19\"LCD
    Pinnacle 10 PlusMediaSuite
    PremierPro 1.5 Suite
    Sony HVR-A1U 1080i HDV Camcorder

Blog Entries

I think I've become overcritical.

1) Ye gods, why didn't they de-interlace? Really makes the whole thing look cheap
    2) ...as does the letterboxed video.
    3) 1 & 2 above suggest that this video is just a of clips taken from DVDs. Which begs the question: is this a promo from the makers, or is it just a series of clips put together? Anyone can take pre-edited footage and look like a king.
    4) The opening titles looked amateurish compared to the stunning cinematography. I mean, some of those helicopter shots were simply stunning.

Was the video good? Can't say. Did it include some absolutely amazing cinematography? Yes. Was this the actual video? No. It included narration and edits from other videos, and I can honestly say that as a reel promoting those videos, I wasn't impressed.

I think I've become overcritical.

No I agree with you fully Marc. I was not submitting for the sake of how to do a video it was just some great footage taken and spliced together by someone. I just felt it was very well timed in some areas to the music and the angles of shots taken. Yes indeed the deinterlacing would have been a good thing to do as well and yes in all likelyhood the original was a promo for the actual movie. SORRY

This was just something sent to me that I felt would be a fun thing to look at. Nothing more and nothing less.

Scooter
    AMD Athlon 3200
    Asus A7N8X Dlux
    ATI Video
    1 Gig Mem
    Windows XP Pro
    2 Seagate ATA 160 Gig HD,1 Maxtor 120 Gig HD
    Sony DRU-510 DVD/CD Burner
    Viewsonic 19\"LCD
    Pinnacle 10 PlusMediaSuite
    PremierPro 1.5 Suite
    Sony HVR-A1U 1080i HDV Camcorder

asides from the de-interlacing i disagree. It was shot as 16:9. apparent at about 3 1/2 mins hen u see lens curvature on wideagle at trop left of screen.

I liked it. Beautiful, and pacey.

Blog Entries

The person that put it together wasn't consistant in their use of aspect ratios from different sources. From the footage available, I don't think the amount of time editing was sufficient.