Thread: camcorder to pc problem

Default camcorder to pc problem

Hi,

I have a sony hc90 and a sony vaio laptop with ulead videostudio 8 on. I bought a firewire cable to download from my camcorder to the pc but after I have done this when I play back my video I get zigzag lines on the edges of people and moving objects. This doesn't show on the camcorder or when I play it back by simply plugging it into the tv. Can anyone explain why I get this on the pc, is it because the firewire cable was just a cheap one from Maplins, do I need to buy a sony firewire cable? I haven't tried it simply through the usb cable yet as I thought by doing it with the firewire cable you got the best quality video.

can anyone help or advise? Ta!

Default Re: camcorder to pc problem

Quote Originally Posted by cathruocco
    Hi,

I have a sony hc90 and a sony vaio laptop with ulead videostudio 8 on. I bought a firewire cable to download from my camcorder to the pc but after I have done this when I play back my video I get zigzag lines on the edges of people and moving objects. This doesn't show on the camcorder or when I play it back by simply plugging it into the tv. Can anyone explain why I get this on the pc, is it because the firewire cable was just a cheap one from Maplins, do I need to buy a sony firewire cable? I haven't tried it simply through the usb cable yet as I thought by doing it with the firewire cable you got the best quality video.

can anyone help or advise? Ta!
    This is the very first entry in the FAQ. Have a read of http://www.videoforums.co.uk/reviews/faq

not sure if I've explained this properly, but its when people move their outlines go a little bit like a zig zag.

Does that make more sense (sorry I can't be more technical - I'm sure there is a name for it)

Blog Entries

Interlacing. It's the first item in the FAQ.