Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Slow-Mo in AE

Default Slow-Mo in AE

Where is slow-motion option in After Effects?

Sorry, but if anyone know, POST! Its URGENT! Thanks!

the answer to this question is so obvious to anyone who's actually used the s/w that I can only come to the conclusion that
    a) you are just lazy, in which case you can just find out on your own how to do it; or
    b) you have ripped off the s/w and have no manual so you are blissfully unware of how to do the simplest things in which case I respectfully suggest you stop using ripped off software and buy it.

Of course, the irony here is that it would have been easier for me to actually answer the question than to have written this rant.

Blog Entries

the answer to this question is so obvious to anyone who's actually used the s/w that I can only come to the conclusion that
    a) you are just lazy, in which case you can just find out on your own how to do it; or
    b) you have ripped off the s/w and have no manual so you are blissfully unware of how to do the simplest things in which case I respectfully suggest you stop using ripped off software and buy it.

Of course, the irony here is that it would have been easier for me to actually answer the question than to have written this rant.
    I got a similar reply with my question. Actually, I'm using a fully licensed version of AE. Believe that or not. It's a very daunting program to get to grips with, what I'd consider today (After spending 24 hours with it) as easy, is allot more than Id have thought of as easy yesterday.

I've been working with the likes of Premiere and Vegas for a few years, and I respect the fact that when people ask simple questions they may genuinely be stuck. Manuals can be extremely complicated, and I was forced to learn quite allot of AE in a couple of hours as part of a college project.

Anyway, I'm quite drunk, so can't quite explain myself, either way I ask you to appreciate the fact that we all are not all quite as good as others.

I've been using AE for years now and I dont think I've ever come accross any slo mo. look for timestreching in AE but I dont think AE supports timestratching in any form.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Forrester
    I ask you to appreciate the fact that we all are not all quite as good as others.
    Some like to be spoon fed, others prefer to be pointed in the right direction. A few of us refuse to ever admit we need help and struggle on regardless until we find an answer ourselves.

The latter group find the first group quite frustrating, whilst the middle group wonder why the last group don't just ask for help.

It's a part of life that people differ. For every time one of us doesn't help, theres been a thousand other times where we have. It's just that sometimes frustration gets the better of you. I think we can all be excused the occassional rant, just as the occassional poster TYPES EVERYTHING IN CAPS AND DEMANDS AN ANSWER BEFORE HE EXPLODES.

I've 'bitten my tongue' on more times than I can remember on the forums. It's frustrating too as people all too often just see this forum as a means to an end: they will post their question, get an answer, then bugger off without even a thank you.

Shame.

I can relate to the issue of AE being daunting. I bought the package as a bundle, installed both programs (already had photoshop), tried them both out ...and BAM! Became addicted/crutched to premiere. I just recently (see my recent post-same thread) had to pick up AE again/ for the first real time. Granted on terms of being a master editor I'm about .000000345 on the richter scale, and I guess that gives me a great perspective on the differences of premiere vs. AE (even though they are made to complement eachother).

Premiere = Easy learning curve, great image control, superior quality with little time.

AE= Same as Premiere except the learning curve is much much higher.

As for slo-mo effects that's about a 3 stage sneeze in Premiere (aka easy as pie), no idea about AE, I'm still tinkering with uploading raw files and adding effects to use in Premiere =P. *Gets a glazed look in his eyes* "Wow how'd I do that?" *scratches head*

P.S. - I'd like to take this moment to thank Marc Peters for coming to my "newb" post and spoon feeding me. Pssst checks in the mail! *wink wink* *nudge nudge*
    If I fail, the film industry writes me off as another statistic. If I succeed, they pay me a million bucks to fly out to Hollywood and fart.
    -George A. Romero

Default ...

Actually i'm using AE at school, so i dont have any manual. And i guess its not a copy version (they dont use ripped stuff here, i guess).
    I never used AE before, only Premiere. I also made a search in the program, always by something like "speed" or "duration" like in Premiere, but without finding anything. I couldnt find that also in the AE help.

The software is a bit different from Premiere, so im still struggling. Sorry if i've put a stupid topic.

Default ...

Oh, and by the way: i cant find also the "backwards" option. If someone could tell me how...!

Thanks again!

To change speed of a layer go to layer-Time Strech or for various speed go to layer-Enable Time Remaping.

To reverse some layer just go to layer-Time Strech and change speed to -100 or ctrl_alt_r.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast