Thread: AdobePPro Effect query

Default AdobePPro Effect query

I have some B&W footage and I'm trying to create an effect I see all the time.

Think: The Ring.

I need my B&W footage to jump across the screen or "jiggle" out of place for a second. Imagine if you will that when it does there's also a static spike sound byte to add to the effect. Much like an old B&W TV loosing reception for a moment.

Anyone know how I can recreate this? I've tried everything except a complex nesting idea I had. If there's an easier/better way I'd appreciate the help. I've tried motion settings a million different ways ...simply put it won't handle something that fine tuned through motion control.
    If I fail, the film industry writes me off as another statistic. If I succeed, they pay me a million bucks to fly out to Hollywood and fart.
    -George A. Romero

i did this quite recenctly - but i used a 3rd party plugin and the effect was called 'broken video'...

but i surpose if u havnt got the plugin thats not much help...

Sounds perfect..now to find the plug in lol.

Anyone know if this can be done on AE? I have the program but rarely use it......I know it's sad, but I find PPro does everything i've needed thus far.
    If I fail, the film industry writes me off as another statistic. If I succeed, they pay me a million bucks to fly out to Hollywood and fart.
    -George A. Romero

^^ edit-its called "video malfunction"....and the plugin is called "delirium" - (i think).. dnt know how much it will cost though..

This worked great. I had to shell out some dough for Digieffects package but it looks like I got allot for the money.......now I just hope my creativity can keep pace.

I'm not used to using AE, generally I find I can do most anything with premiere. However, in this instance I found myself facing a steep learning curve. AE is a bit rough around the edges compared to Premiere...I think I'm pampered.
    -George A. Romero

Loving this plugin BTW, just wanted to add a thanx in here for suggesting it. I'm still trying to figure out an easier way to have effects that sync with my audio tracks, I have it moving but just want it to move with the "bassier" "thumps"...ehh I guess I'll stumble onto it when I get some real quality time to toil over this project.
    -George A. Romero