I am comparing these two programs for my university dissertation.
I am looking at the following areas
· Defining shape of workspace
· Custom settings (Ability to change the appearance of the program to suite you)
· Auto save (How often compared to how often program crashes, ease of recalling last auto save point)
· Mapping Buttons
· What happens when you open up each suite? (Does the last project load up automatically or not and is this a good thing?)
· Use of available screen space.
· Versatility – How many ways there are to do a certain operation?
· Comparing projects to CCIR 601 standard function (if available) and the options available in doing this.
· Colour Correction
· Auto Help (Program realising what is being done and helping.)
· Undo function – How useful is it and could it be better?
· Compression codecs
· Effects (Ease of use and quality)
· Audio – adding EQ, filters and editing audio – ease of use
I am trying to get together a poster session to show progress for next Friday (16th dec) and would like to know if anyone out there knows of any obvious differences that I can include. I’m not asking for you to do the assignment for me. i need one liners, sentences to bullet point to show progress with my dissertation.
I have not yet started editing with avid and so cant compare yet. Any help much appreciated.