Thread: How do you lasso a large section and move it out of the way?

Default How do you lasso a large section and move it out of the way?

Is there a simple way to select then move an entire edited sequence, i.e I want to move the rest of my film downstream (to the right) of the area I'm working on, create an empty space, and also keep that edited downstream material totally intact. It's very difficult using the area select tool and trying to lasso 30 minutes of material. Is there an easier way?

what application you using?

If you're in Vegas, click the Auto Ripple running along the top, under the file/edit/view/insert, etc. options. That what you mean?

what application you using?
    Vegas 5

If you're in Vegas, click the Auto Ripple running along the top, under the file/edit/view/insert, etc. options. That what you mean?
    For example, half way through a 20 minute piece, I discover that I need to fix a cut or add another clip - so - I then want to move the whole lot, downstream of that area (i.e. to the right).

I then mess about fixing/tweaking the now seperated material, and when I like it, just snap the undocked downstream section back to the left, to rejoin the whole thing again.

Using the lasso tool is quite fiddly. Is there a quicker way?

*Sony Vegas 5

6. Default

Thanks to Kyle Forrester on this thread.

I had read the term "Auto Ripple" but did not know what it meant until Kyle used it on this thread.

For all those that do not know...
    When snipping/editing out bits out of a video, use s to make a break in the movie and then control X to remove the bit that you do not like. If auto ripple is on then the ends of the "film" thus created will rejoin, and all the other ends will be brought together too (automatically ripplying along to the end of the video) so that one long continuous movie remains.

Tim

If you wish to insert something in the middle, either select an existing split or create one where you want to do the insert. Then right-click on the portion downstream (to the right) and choose "Select Events to the end" and you can move everything right, left, or to another track as needed. It's so easy, even I can do it.
    If freedom means anything at all, it is the liberty to tell others what they don't want to hear.

8. Default

Thanks a lot. You read my mind. I was just wondering how to do a reverse-ripple insert.

I also was asking this question a while back
    Check the thread to c what was written

Have fun using Vegas!
    Marrs

http://www.videoforums.co.uk/sony-ve...le-tracks.html