Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Adobe Encore 1.5 Menu Problems

Default Adobe Encore 1.5 Menu Problems

Help!

I've have all of my tracks ready to go on DVD. I've layed out a main menu in Encore that has 3 options:
    1) Play Movie (this option is linked to the playlist)
    2) Scene Selection (This goes to a submenu with all 10 segments, plus a return to the main menu).
    3) Credits (this option goes to the closing credits)

I'm self-taught on Encore, so I don't know what I may be missing, but once I build the DVD (and it does burn the whole thing), all I get when I put it in my DVD player (both the computer and my TV set's), is the main menu. I can't navigate or go anywhere. It's like it's locked up. If you hit any key on the remote, the DVD player gives you the "stop" sign in the corner.

Any suggestions as to what I'm overlooking? I sure could use the help.

This is a Tryout edition, but I don't think that's the problem, as Adobe says you have "full function" for a 30 day period.

Tom Brand

Have you linked all your buttons up?

Blog Entries

I assumed you've fully tested this within encore? Right click on the menu in the files list and select preview from here to test.

When you're at the burn DVD stage, Encore should go through a set of compliance checks. It will tell you here if buttons aren't linked etc.

I'll double-check to make sure all my buttons are linked up...I don't think that's the case, but I'll double check...Encore didn't give me any "heads up" except that it had trimmed the segment files.

When I do the preview in Encore, EVERYTHING WORKS like it should...I guess that's why it's such a mystery to me.

Thanks for the help.

Blog Entries

By default one of the menu items should be selected. Pressing play on your remote will select this. If thta works, then try pressing the down button then enter. I'm thinking that perhaps your colour overlays aren't set properly.

Marc--
    Thanks for the reply.

The first menu item is "selected". But when I push any of the buttons I get the red "stop hand" warning and it won't go forward.

There are only 3 buttons, and they're far enough apart that I don't think there are any conflicts there...I've even done the button overlay and everything seems to be stacked up correctly.
    In the preview mode, EVERYTHING works like it should; it just doesn't work once I put it to DVD.

Should the main menu be set to 'play first'? and then what should the end action be set to? Currently, it's on 'stop'.

I'm self-taught on this, as you can probably tell, so I REALLY appreciate your help.

I called Adobe earlier for some support, but they don't do that for TryOut users. What griped me though, was the fact that I told them I wanted to buy the software but wanted to make sure it would work for me...they told me to search their on-line forums (kinda like finding the needle in the haystack).

Blog Entries

Try playing the DVD on your PC.

I've tried playing it on the PC as well...no luck there. It does the same thing.

When I tried to open one of the DVDs in the 'My Computer' view, I was able to get the menu to come up and the arrows would change when you did a mouse-over, but wouldn't play when you clicked on them.

It will play in Windows Media Player (segments only, not menu driven), but this is a project we offer for sale as a fundraiser, so it needs to be able to play in a DVD player.

try going to the FILE menu, then select CHECK PROJECT. then press the START button to have the program pinpoint the problems for you.

your buttons (and its highlights) might be overlapping one another. OR..

check if the MENU REMOTE is set to RETURN TO LAST MENU. to do this, click on a timeline. while selected, take a look at your PROPERTIES TAB, menu remote option should be there. select it. do the same thing to all of your timelines.

your main menu should be set as first play, unless you have a separate introductory splash video. end action for you main menu must be STOP.

does your menu have video thumbnails?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast